Author Topic: The Inside Story of How Ron DeSantis Got Crushed by Donald Trump (Exclusive)  (Read 272 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Inside Story of How Ron DeSantis Got Crushed by Donald Trump (Exclusive)

'I'll just f---ing quit!' The campaign, mocked as 'Ted Cruz 2.0,' never broke through and was riven by internal tensions and bad poll number

Published 01/16/24 03:27 PM ET|Updated 23 min ago
Marc Caputo

After a year of high expectations and low results, of constant bad press and negative ads from opponents, of repeated shakeups and internal feuding, of strategic blunders and tactical mistakes, Ron DeSantis’s presidential campaign Monday suffered its biggest humiliation yet.

The Florida governor was demolished in Iowa by almost 30 percentage points against former President Donald Trump.

For months, DeSantis clung to the fiction that his relentless Hawkeye focus would lead to an Iowa victory, springboard him into frontrunner status in the primary and expose Trump as the weak figurehead of a flimsy Potemkin village of a campaign.

But Monday’s Iowa blowout showed the folly of the belief. All the pre-election polls did, too. Yet DeSantis refuses to quit, complaining that an early call declaring Trump the winner amounted to “election interference.”

more
https://themessenger.com/politics/the-inside-story-of-how-ron-desantis-got-crushed-by-donald-trump-exclusive
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Trump barely got over 50% in a state where he should have gotten 70% easy. He's practically an incumbent President. Nowhere in politics would this be considered a strong primary showing simply because the rest of the field is too split to have a close second.

Reality is Trump barely has half the party on his side. While I'm sure he'll get the nomination, it doesn't look good for the general. It just a recycled campaign making the same old mistakes with the same old rhetoric.
The Republic is lost.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Trump barely got over 50% in a state where he should have gotten 70% easy. He's practically an incumbent President. Nowhere in politics would this be considered a strong primary showing simply because the rest of the field is too split to have a close second.

Reality is Trump barely has half the party on his side. While I'm sure he'll get the nomination, it doesn't look good for the general. It just a recycled campaign making the same old mistakes with the same old rhetoric.

It would be interesting to see Republican votes minus the Democrat crossovers.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley