Author Topic: National Border Patrol Council president says the only way to fix the border crisis is to re-elect T  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
National Border Patrol Council president says the only way to fix the border crisis is to re-elect Trump

01/23/2024 // Laura Harris // 710 Views

The president of the National Border Patrol Council said the only way to bring down illegal immigration is through the re-election of Donald Trump as president of the United States.
In a Jan. 20 interview on Fox News, Brandon Judd remained skeptical about the effectiveness of diplomatic talks with Mexican officials. He argued that President Joe Biden could immediately address the issue with policy changes but did not.
“We know that we can control everything that happens here; if President Biden were seriously concerned about this issue, all he would have to do is give us policy. He doesn’t have to have Congress give us laws. Yes, it would be nice to have those laws because that’s a long-term fix, but President Biden could fix this immediately with policy. We saw that with President Trump. It was brilliant what he did to drop illegal immigration to 45-year lows. Biden could do the exact same thing,” he said.
In turn, Judd claimed that the return of Trump to power would scare Mexican cartels due to the success of his border policies during his tenure.
"The only thing that is going to drive these numbers down is if the cartels recognize that President Trump is going to be very, very bad for them. This is a business [for the cartels]. They recognize that they have to generate a profit. Do they scale back, trying to make this less of an issue for President Biden going into 2024? Or do they just continue saying, 'Hey, it’s a foregone conclusion Trump is going to win, let’s generate as much profit as we can right now?'

https://www.alipac.us/f9/national-border-patrol-council-president-says-only-way-fix-border-crisis-i-416332/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson