Author Topic: Rachel Maddow is slammed running 'state TV' show after telling viewers MSNBC won't show Trump's Iowa  (Read 200 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Rachel Maddow is slammed running 'state TV' show after telling viewers MSNBC won't show Trump's Iowa victory speech because 'we cannot knowingly broadcast untrue things'
Story by Stephen M. Lepore For Dailymail.Com  •
9h

Rachel Maddow was one of the most vocal proponents of the claim Trump colluded with Russia

She said the network was continuing its policy of not showing Trump's speeches live

'It is not an easy decision, but there is a cost to us as a news organization of knowingly broadcasting untrue things,' Maddow added

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow was criticized for her announcement that the liberal network would refuse to cover Donald Trump's Iowa victory speech because she believed it would contain falsehoods.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/rachel-maddow-is-slammed-running-state-tv-show-after-telling-viewers-msnbc-won-t-show-trump-s-iowa-victory-speech-because-we-cannot-knowingly-broadcast-untrue-things/ar-AA1n5GU7?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=dba5fdf27f13425bab6a185c12afccb3&ei=59
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It would seem she isn't aware there is a difference between facts and opinions.  If she were broadcasting from Russia, her statement would be acceptable. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Why don’t she let her three  viewers and fact checkers decide what the false hoods are, and not take it upon herself to do that?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy