Author Topic: Ted Cruz endorses Donald Trump for president.  (Read 13949 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Ted Cruz endorses Donald Trump for president.
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2024, 06:31:49 am »
Instead of attacking other members for their beliefs, why don't you defend his policies and his record. Explain how the following will "turn this Titanic around"

Let's discuss the inflationary policies he left when he left office and why you support them and why his inflationary policies are better than Biden's?

Do you support his tariffs  despite the resulting trade wars and the threat they brought to the US economy even before covid?

Giving Fauci a medal. Do you agree?

The massive debt and deficits. No problem as long as it's Donald?

Siding with Democrats over republicans over COVID spending?

Appointing the likes of Christopher Wray and Mark Milley(sp). You happy with them?

His inability to either appoint good people to his cabinet, or his inability to work with them. I mean is either everyone he appointed in his first term incompetent, or is the problem Trump himself?

Do you agree with his farm bailouts and his bailouts to the oil companies that were negatively impacted by his policies?

Do you agree with his support for people like Ronna McDaniel?

Do you believe we should be lowering interest rates and why, especially at a time of high inflation? Do you support zero or negative interest rates

Do you agree with his proposals like Freedom cities and baby bonus? Were do you believe the money will come from?

Do you  hope the economy crashes in the next 12 months, as Trump does, despite the harm it would cause people?

And there's more. but it's a start. Perhaps it's YOU that owes us the apology

Still no reply to this

It is becoming evident that when confronted with Donald Trump’s past and present positions and record, his supporters can’t defend it.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 11:50:11 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2024, 07:19:07 am »
:thud: Ted just lost my support.

No

Ted  is one of the smartest conservative voices in the Senate. I disagree with his endorsement, but if he was my senator, I would still vote for him
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2024, 07:29:01 am »
Still no reply to this

It is becoming evident that when confronted with Donald Trump’s past and present positions and record, his supporters can’t defend it.

I know you were referencing @DCPatriot in this post, but I'm accused of this on a regular basis, so, I thought I'd take a shot at explaining.  At this point, your questions lack sincerity.  It's become clear that you're simply looking to entertain yourself. Every one of your questions --  and more -- have been asked and answered dozens of times ---- each answer met not with discussion, but with an abundance of snark and ridicule.

You're unserious @LMAO and on top of this you have no right to demand anyone engage your self-serving whims.  By all means,  continue to ask your question(s) ---- but, stop the demands and let the chips fall where they may.

See you around campus.   :seeya:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2024, 07:43:17 am »
I know you were referencing @DCPatriot in this post, but I'm accused of this on a regular basis, so, I thought I'd take a shot at explaining.  At this point, your questions lack sincerity.  It's become clear that you're simply looking to entertain yourself. Every one of your questions --  and more -- have been asked and answered dozens of times ---- each answer met not with discussion, but with an abundance of snark and ridicule.

You're unserious @LMAO and on top of this you have no right to demand anyone engage your self-serving whims.  By all means,  continue to ask your question(s) ---- but, stop the demands and let the chips fall where they may.

See you around campus.   :see:

Lol

Your reply to me beautifully illustrates exactly the point I was making regarding Trump supporters inability to defend his record when confronted

You claim that you’ve addressed each one of these issues before, but the fact is you have not.

Everything I listed above is factual. But because you can’t address them, you’ve decided to make me personally the issue.

And if you referring to your previous “Kaching” post from another thread, what I did was take apart each one of your Kaching claims and confront you with the reality and record vs the claims you were making which then upset you because you were unable to provide a counter point Remember, this isn’t TruthSocial. Was my reply to your “Kaching” claims a little snarky? Sure. But accurate

RIVs tactic here is both expected and understandable from her perspective. But the fact is her and her cohorts actually dodge the issues that I’ve raised. And it’s dishonest for her to claim that she has addressed these issues because she has not.

Her refusal to answer or address points that she finds uncomfortable  is well known by all members

Your definition of addressing an issue or answering questions means deflecting, attacking, avoiding, dodging.

If the reaction we see here from his supporters is similar to how Trump will react to his record being exposed in the heat of the campaign, the Democrats are going to eat him for breakfast

BTW, going forward, you should learn what a conversation is about before injecting yourself into it . I was addressing a claim made by another poster

« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 02:37:09 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2024, 08:25:11 am »
Yet another time I adamantly disagree with Ted... and always will on this subject. This one especially stings since Trump bullied him last week and this feels like Cruz didn't fight the good fight. It also hurts because there was still a conservative in the race instead of a NY glib egomaniac (complete w/ followers that demands others bend a knee).

Like Liberty, I feel alienated.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2024, 08:42:13 am »
This is PROOF POSITIVE that not one of you diehard NTs has the brains...nor the spine, to step up and beg forgiveness and/or amnesty from the "3 or 4 TBR members..." (to quote @Cyber Liberty ) who remain "TRUMP SUPPORTERS".

Strongly suggest each and every one of you to get your heads out of your asses.

But of course you won't...you'll continue in your pathetic attempts to justify your positions...to justify holding your vote for the only man who can turn this 'Titanic' around.

Your messianic bullshit disgusts me, @DCPatriot . and has no place in conservatism.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2024, 09:14:07 am »
Your messianic bullshit disgusts me, @DCPatriot . and has no place in conservatism.

@roamer_1

AHH!!!  'Moses' appears, just like clockwork.

You just got rolled, Big Boy From The Mountains.

It's like you finally find YOUR Messiah, holding him up as a paragon of virtue and Conservatism,...only to have him slap you in the face, telling you to wake the hell up and get behind Donald J. Trump.

Yes...I agree.  Totally embarrassing, isn't it?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2024, 09:18:04 am »
Yet another time I adamantly disagree with Ted... and always will on this subject. This one especially stings since Trump bullied him last week and this feels like Cruz didn't fight the good fight. It also hurts because there was still a conservative in the race instead of a NY glib egomaniac (complete w/ followers that demands others bend a knee).

Like Liberty, I feel alienated.

I know. Sucks, doesn't it?? 

All those years spending thinking Ted Cruz was YOUR answer only for him to tell you to get your head out of your ass and to get behind MY candidate.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2024, 09:29:52 am »

Lol

Your reply to me beautifully illustrates exactly the point I was making regarding Trump supporters inability to defend his record when confronted

You claim that you’ve addressed each one of these issues before, but the fact is you have not.

Everything I listed above is factual. But because you can’t address them, you’ve decided to make me personally the issue.

And if you referring to your previous “Kaching” post, what I did was take apart each one of your Kaching claims and confront you with the reality and record vs the claims you were making. Remember, this isn’t TruthSocial. Was my reply to your “Kaching” claims a little snarky? Sure. But accurate

RIVs tactic here is both expected and understandable from her perspective. But the fact is her and her cohorts actually dodge the issues that I’ve raised. And it’s dishonest for her to claim that she has addressed these issues because she has not. I have a sharp memory. Years ago I asked you if you had a problem with the 7.8 trillion added to the debt under Trump’s watch and if you agreed with him that Hillary suffered enough. I asked over and over again and you never answered. You just accused me of being misinformed.

Falsely claiming that you’ve addressed each of these issues is an avoidance behavior

If the reaction we see here from his supporters is similar to how Trump will react to his record being exposed in the heat of the campaign, the Democrats are going to eat him for breakfast

@LMAO

Nobody here should have to defend Donald Trump's record as POTUS.  And as @Right_in_Virginia said to you, I'm not going to repeat/defend ad nauseum, the same tired shit going on seven freaking years.

I get it.   You don't want or like Donald Trump.  At this point nobody is going to change anyone's mind.

Just pointing out to you that Ted Cruz, himself...YOUR "chosen one" told you and your boyz to stop and get behind OUR chosen candidate.

LOL!  As the meme perfectly illustrates:  "If you want to be liked by everybody...don't be a Leader.  Go and sell ice-cream!"

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2024, 09:35:14 am »
@roamer_1

AHH!!!  'Moses' appears, just like clockwork.

You just got rolled, Big Boy From The Mountains.

It's like you finally find YOUR Messiah, holding him up as a paragon of virtue and Conservatism,...only to have him slap you in the face, telling you to wake the hell up and get behind Donald J. Trump.

Yes...I agree.  Totally embarrassing, isn't it?

No @DCPatriot ... What's embarrassing is that you think like that.
I am on the record here being damnwell sick of Cruz for some time now. So do not accuse me of lifting him up as some sort of paragon.

I have no messiahs but One. I follow no man, and never will.
If DeSantis missteps or becomes non-viable, I'll just walk off.
There's certainly more important things in life.

And I very certainly won't help y'all destroy the country even further while y'all cheer like idiots.
There is no force on earth that would make me back Tumpy, against both history and nearly every principle I stand upon. Flat_effing_nope.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2024, 09:38:11 am »
@LMAO

Nobody here should have to defend Donald Trump's record as POTUS.  A

No one here can.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2024, 10:02:27 am »
@LMAO

Nobody here should have to defend Donald Trump's record as POTUS.  And as @Right_in_Virginia said to you, I'm not going to repeat/defend ad nauseum, the same tired shit going on seven freaking years.

I get it.   You don't want or like Donald Trump.  At this point nobody is going to change anyone's mind.

Just pointing out to you that Ted Cruz, himself...YOUR "chosen one" told you and your boyz to stop and get behind OUR chosen candidate.

LOL!  As the meme perfectly illustrates:  "If you want to be liked by everybody...don't be a Leader.  Go and sell ice-cream!"

And another dodging Trump’s record. Telling folks they should ignore a candidate’s record but support him/her anyways is a first for me. You want to support Trump despite his record? Fine. That’s your business but don’t suggest to others they should ignore it and get behind Trump anyways

You don’t get behind candidates because somebody tells you to. Good God!! Nobody ever should do that. You get behind the candidate because you have an ideological alignment or they have several policies that you like and you agree with

You have told us that we need to dispense with all rationality and reason and just get behind Donald Trump because in your words, he’s the only one that can turn around the Titanic. I simply pointed out parts of his record that dispenses with that myth. Some are minor, like the Fauci medal thing. That’s not a deal breaker. But shutting down the economy while sending out trillions of dollars that can only be paid for with massive printing and spiking our already unsustainable debt to GDP ratio is
So which of those I listed do you feel would right this ship?

And let’s pretend the Trump presidency never happened were we had  no record to scrutinize. Let’s look at what he’s proposing now. The math doesn’t even closely match the promises. How’s he going to pay for it? He won’t have the luxury of low interest rates to borrow and despite his claim, the Frd won’t cut interest rates to accommodate his ego while inflation is a problem. There’s not enough oil or manufacturing jobs to be created to pay for it. So how?

These are all fair questions that reasonable people should ask before jumping head first into support for a candidate and not just because someone demands it

The one position that might make me reconsider if Trump pledged to appoint a Paul Vokler(sp) type to the Federal Reserve. Unlikely that’ll happen
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 10:35:01 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2024, 10:08:17 am »
No one here can.

And, even if they will never admit it to us, deep down, I think his supporters know it, also
Look at the tone of their posts. There’s a bit of anxiety in them happy77

To say that the Trump years were all bad is an exaggeration. But so is his claim of the best economy in history.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 10:22:02 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2024, 10:39:56 am »
And, even if they will never admit it to us, deep down, I think his supporters know it, also

More than that - It don't MATTER to em. All they got is rah-rah bullshit, and that's all they care about. Even truth is readily set aside.

History is not going to be kind to Tumpy.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2024, 10:53:05 am »

To say that the Trump years were all bad is an exaggeration. But so is his claim of the best economy in history.

@LMAO

Kindly link/show us where we're the ones who exhibit "anxiety".  Thanks in advance!   :laugh:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2024, 11:11:17 am »
@LMAO

Kindly link/show us where we're the ones who exhibit "anxiety".  Thanks in advance!   :laugh:

Lol

I made my assessment based on experience and education, not a link

There is a bit of anxiety in your posts and that of your comrade. That stems from your ideal creation being confronted by reality. Now, am I wrong in my assessment? Possibly. But I sense I’m not. Maybe frustrated is more accurate.

But boy, can you two dodge wink777. You made the claim we should just accept that Trump is the only one to turn this Titanic around. I simply asked which of his real and verifiable parts of his record will do that and if you agreed or disagreed with those and somehow, that set off a spark with you two… wow

In this thread, you called another member stupid for the crime of pointing out an unpleasant, but accurate, part of Trump’s record. You didn’t prove him wrong or even try to spin it. You just called him stupid

Well, I must go and get ready for the day shift so I can go home. I’ll send a donation to the owner of this forum as my penance for dominating this  site while I did a double at work

You have yourself a nice day
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 12:23:11 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2024, 12:45:24 pm »
Lol

I made my assessment based on experience and education, not a link

There is a bit of anxiety in your posts and that of your comrade. That stems from your ideal creation being confronted by reality. Now, am I wrong in my assessment? Possibly. But I sense I’m not. Maybe frustrated is more accurate.

But boy, can you two dodge wink777. You made the claim we should just accept that Trump is the only one to turn this Titanic around. I simply asked which of his real and verifiable parts of his record will do that and if you agreed or disagreed with those and somehow, that set off a spark with you two… wow

In this thread, you called another member stupid for the crime of pointing out an unpleasant, but accurate, part of Trump’s record. You didn’t prove him wrong or even try to spin it. You just called him stupid

Well, I must go and get ready for the day shift so I can go home. I’ll send a donation to the owner of this forum as my penance for dominating this  site while I did a double at work

You have yourself a nice day

@LMAO

Projection...that's what you're doing.

You're totally wrong on this.

At this point in time, only thing that is making me "anxious" is the transparent efforts of the media and Deep State to have President Trump assassinated.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 02:58:21 pm by DCPatriot »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2024, 12:46:49 pm »
No

Ted  is one of the smartest conservative voices in the Senate. I disagree with his endorsement, but if he was my senator, I would still vote for him
He is my Senator, but........

I've overlooked (forgiven) his capitualtion to Tump in the past, but think about it.  Would you endorse a POS like Trump who in the past has ridiucled you your family:

1.  False memeing and other , "LYIN TED" accusations, which has has done long term damage to his standing even in Texas
2.  Calling his Children plants in the quaint  Christmas Story Book reading. 
3.  Wife-  The despicable attacks on his wife's looks and making up false suicide stories,
4.  Parents,- Accusing his father of being Castro Communist, and taking part in the JFK assassinatin.

Trump, Stone, Pecker, and his wihole host of character assassins  are human garbage, and can burn in the furnace cellar.  Again....  It's Trump and his lackeys that need to be doing the apologizing.

And in Cruz' case, I am guessing he is showing his self-serving aspects, and angling for a potential SCOTUS spot.  I think I might entertain anohter conservative alternative to Cruz in 2030. Too late this cycle.   His lack of testicles to defend his family?  Is a good reason why.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 12:57:46 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2024, 12:52:46 pm »
@LMAO

You mean like @sneakypete , that if you enumerate his posting history, has sent likely 10X the vitriol toward RDS than Biden?  Just think about it a little buddy, and do you share that sentiment?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 12:54:24 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2024, 12:53:29 pm »
I've overlooked (forgiven) his capitualtion to Tump in the past, but think about it.  Would you endorse a POS like Trump who in the past has ridiucled you your family:

1.  False memeing and other , "LYIN TED" accusations, which has has done long term damage to his standing even in Texas
2.  Calling his Children plants in the quaint  Christmas Story Book reading. 
3.  Wife-  The despicable attacks on his wife's looks and making up false suicide stories,
4.  Parents,- Accusing his father of being Castro Communist, and taking part in the JFK assassinatin.

Trump, Stone, Pecker, and his wihole host of character assassins  are human garbage, and can burn in the furnace cellar.  Again....  It's Trump and his lackeys that need to be doing the apoologizing.

And in Cruz' case, I am guessing he is showing his self-serving aspects, and angling for a potential SCOTUS spot.  I think I might entertain anohter conservative alternative to Cruz in 2030. Too late this cycle.   His lack of testicles to defend his family?  Is a good reason why.

It’s a disappointing endorsement. Quizzical too. If it’s about a SCOTUS nomination, why would he trust TRUMP to follow through?
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2024, 12:56:28 pm »
It’s a disappointing endorsement. Quizzical too. If it’s about a SCOTUS nomination, why would he trust TRUMP to follow through?

Because, even as smart as he is (brilliant in fact), doesn't mean he isn't naieve, and gullible.  Seen it on the Senate floor, at least a half a dozen times the past decade, and indluding his POTUS run, where he brought a knife to a gun fight

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2024, 01:28:42 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/video/6345019510112

Miller analysis that I mentioned a few posts ago.  Worth a listen, and a thought.  He sure shares the despair most of us feel.

Solid analysis from Dennis Miller. I think he's spot on.

Trump's greatest flaw is his utter lack of humility and self-reflection.

His most obstinate supporters view this vice as a virtue, which blinds them to the reality of having to actually win people over to their side, as opposed to hurling insults, epithets and accusations in place of arguments.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2024, 01:37:51 pm »
Pitiful how far Cruz has fallen.  I don't recognize this guy anymore.  He's certainly not the Tea Party Ted of 2010!

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2024, 01:49:00 pm »
This is PROOF POSITIVE that not one of you diehard NTs has the brains...nor the spine, to step up and beg forgiveness and/or amnesty from the "3 or 4 TBR members..." (to quote @Cyber Liberty ) who remain "TRUMP SUPPORTERS".

Strongly suggest each and every one of you to get your heads out of your asses.

But of course you won't...you'll continue in your pathetic attempts to justify your positions...to justify holding your vote for the only man who can turn this 'Titanic' around.

Bugger off, homey.   :pootrump: :pootrump: :pootrump: :pootrump:

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2024, 01:56:22 pm »

After adding how many Trillion dollars to the debt?  And giving us the Fauxci legacy and his "Pandamnic"

Turn around this Titanic?  Hell.... he was intentionally aiming for icebergs.

Watch the Dennis Miller op-eds from either Hannity or Gutfeld last night, and get back with us about apologies.  Otherwise quit with the silly shit.