Author Topic: Ted Cruz endorses Donald Trump for president.  (Read 14612 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Ted Cruz endorses Donald Trump for president.
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2024, 10:24:40 pm »

... from https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-05004-4

There are many common quotes that are difficult to find the original source....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2024, 10:25:07 pm »
Using a common phrase without attribution is not plagiarism - We lined this out here a long time ago.  *****rollingeyes*****

Screw you, @roamer_1

We also "lined [this] out" that posting links to articles is not "lying".   

You guys just never know when to STFU, do you??  :tongue2:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2024, 10:25:25 pm »
LOL!  See?  You rush to 'cancel'...even if it's a tried and true Conservative such as Ted Cruz...2016's Conservative 'Moses'.

Thanks for playing, @libertybele    :beer:

If you are implying that I would vote for Trump if he selects Cruz as his running mate, the answer is a definite NO!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2024, 10:26:29 pm »
There are many common quotes that are difficult to find the original source....

And your point is.... ??

He uses it ad nauseum without any citation...so I thought I'd give him a taste of his own bullshit.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2024, 10:27:28 pm »
If you are implying that I would vote for Trump if he selects Cruz as his running mate, the answer is a definite NO!

Exactly, my dear...EXACTLY!   :laugh:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2024, 10:28:23 pm »
Ya know, I tried "Pies," then "Pizza" and even Cheese.  I may have to move to more icky Mod options...

I was thinking of "Baklava," but I rejected it...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2024, 10:29:06 pm »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2024, 10:31:04 pm »

That is not true. Purposefully posting falsity is always wrong. Always. And it does nothing but weaken this site. We depend upon the veracity of the news here.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2024, 10:31:10 pm »

... from https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-05004-4

Einstein’s name has also been affixed since his death to quotes from elsewhere. “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results,” for instance, was traced by Einstein archivist Barbara Wolff to US writer Rita Mae Brown’s Sudden Death (1983)

The NA Basic Text came out in 1981.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2024, 10:31:29 pm »
Ya know, I tried "Pies," then "Pizza" and even Cheese.  I may have to move to more icky Mod options...

I was thinking of "Baklava," but I rejected it...

LOL!  You always go to that whenever other threads are being ignored...thus the whining that "...90% of my posts get ignored" quote by several today.

In fact, this thread should be bookmarked...not locked.

Ted Cruz is the reason most of the membership exists...ask Jimbo

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2024, 10:32:42 pm »
Exactly, my dear...EXACTLY!   :laugh:

My point dear is that I no longer view Cruz as a conservative.  He is standing against conservatism and conservatives, so he has joined the ranks of the GOPe. 

Cruz just may be sensing that Trump will be behind bars before the voting starts and jump into the race --- hoping to pick up Trump's base. If so, bad move on his part.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 10:35:12 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2024, 10:34:40 pm »
That is not true. Purposefully posting falsity is always wrong. Always. And it does nothing but weaken this site. We depend upon the veracity of the news here.

Key word there is "Purposefully", buddy boy!

What we term "opinions" the crybaby @Hoodat calls "LYING".

He even got chastised by our own "Seventh Floor" for it.  More than once... 

Online Hoodat

« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2024, 10:34:42 pm »
Screw you, @roamer_1

You guys just never know when to STFU, do you??  :tongue2:

There you go again with that word "lying" again.  Keep in mind, it is YOU who introduced that word.  Again.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2024, 10:35:40 pm »
Key word there is "Purposefully", buddy boy!

What we term "opinions" the crybaby @Hoodat calls "LYING".

He even got chastised by our own "Seventh Floor" for it.  More than once...

See?  You did it again.  You embellished what I said.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2024, 10:35:41 pm »
My point dear is that I no longer view Cruz as a conservative.  He is standing against conservatism and conservatives, so he has joined the ranks of the GOPe.

Please stop digging, @libertybele

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #165 on: January 17, 2024, 10:36:38 pm »
I don't know about what others definition of insanity is, but I keep coming back to this thread...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #166 on: January 17, 2024, 10:37:22 pm »
See?  You did it again.  You embellished what I said.

You deny that you constantly called @Right_in_Virginia a "LIAR"???

Get lost....you're looking more than desperate here.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #167 on: January 17, 2024, 10:40:21 pm »
Please stop digging, @libertybele

???? Digging?  I'm done.

I've said what I've had to stay.  Cruz has taken the side of Trump. I have supported him for a long time - I supported him as he laid out his ground game to win the Senate even though McConnell made it nearly impossible.  He's lost my support. It's not like I'm one of his mega donors and I'm only one vote. So it truly doesn't matter. :shrug:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #168 on: January 17, 2024, 10:40:53 pm »
I don't know about what others definition of insanity is, but I keep coming back to this thread...

888high58888

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #169 on: January 17, 2024, 10:44:20 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #170 on: January 17, 2024, 10:45:15 pm »
Steve 🇺🇸
@SteveLovesAmmo

Democrats don’t want Trump to be President again..

Republicans don’t want Trump to be President again…

The World Economic Forum doesn’t want Trump to be President again…

NATO doesn’t want Trump to be President again…

The warmongering Military Industrial Complex doesn’t want Trump to be President again…

Globalists don’t want Trump to be President again…

The Mainstream Media doesn’t want Trump to be President again…

Which is EXACTLY WHY Donald J. Trump must be President again!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #171 on: January 17, 2024, 10:46:01 pm »

000hehehehe
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #172 on: January 17, 2024, 10:49:08 pm »

Cruz has taken the side of Trump. I have supported him for a long time - I supported him as he laid out his ground game to win the Senate even though McConnell made it nearly impossible.  He's lost my support. It's not like I'm one of his mega donors and I'm only one vote. So it truly doesn't matter.

How are you voting for Cruz --- don't you live in Florida?

@libertybele

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #173 on: January 17, 2024, 10:51:30 pm »
How are you voting for Cruz --- don't you live in Florida?

@libertybele

You missed it -- Even IF Trump were to name Cruz as his VP I still wouldn't vote for Trump should he be the GOP nominee.  I will vote down ballot or abstain.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #174 on: January 17, 2024, 10:52:11 pm »
Cruz just may be sensing that Trump will be behind bars before the voting starts and jump into the race --- hoping to pick up Trump's base. If so, bad move on his part.

Maybe, or Trump could have threatened to sink his political career, as he did to some the Florida congressmen before their endorsements.  The excuses fall flat ultimately, and I wouldn’t blame Heidi if she were shopping for a new husband.