Author Topic: Careful What You Wish For, Democrats... Derek Hunter  (Read 284 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Careful What You Wish For, Democrats... Derek Hunter
« on: January 16, 2024, 03:38:17 pm »
Careful What You Wish For, Democrats
Derek Hunter
5–6 minutes

Remember the UAW strike last year? They wanted huge raises and benefits because, well, who doesn’t? Democrats rallied around them, the White House took their side and, ultimately, they won. Now, that “victory” is turning into what anyone with a brain could see coming: a future defeat.

The Wall Street Journal ran a headline, “Robots Are Looking Better to Detroit as Labor Costs Rise.” Who could have predicted such a thing? Anyone, everyone. It’s as easy as “predicting” the sun will rise in the east.

“While automakers have been moving to automation for some time, rising labor costs are poised to accelerate the adoption of such technologies, said Laurie Harbour, president of Michigan manufacturing consulting firm Harbour Results,’ the Journal reports.

The new UAW contracts brought with them 25 percent raises which, the Journal reports, “were richer than they (the auto companies) had planned for, and they are strategizing ways to blunt the increased costs.”

What will this mean for consumers? The Journal answers, “Ford said the new terms would add about $900 in cost per vehicle by the time the contract expires in early 2028. GM executives pegged the hit from richer labor contracts during that period at roughly $500 a vehicle.”

So, they “won” a raise and will lose their jobs. Congratulations?

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2024/01/16/careful-what-you-wish-for-democrats-n2633659
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online The_Reader_David

Re: Careful What You Wish For, Democrats... Derek Hunter
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 03:43:21 pm »
Always remember as Thomas Sowell observed, the actual minimum wage is zero:  what you get when you don't have a job.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 03:59:40 pm »
This is why I think most things should be taken out of the hands of the federal government and privatized were feasible

The public sector becomes bloated and inefficient, but yet becomes more powerful despite incompetencies

That doesn’t work in the private sector. They have to adapt to economics and mathematical reality.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 09:23:10 pm »
What will this mean for consumers? The Journal answers, “Ford said the new terms would add about $900 in cost per vehicle by the time the contract expires in early 2028. GM executives pegged the hit from richer labor contracts during that period at roughly $500 a vehicle.”

The worst part about the new UAW contract is,
it includes COLAs - Cost Of Living Adustments.
Over the next five years, the wages get increased 25%
PLUS additional raises based on inflation!

This is EXACTLY what happened in the late 1970s!
The union contracts made the prices go up,
which made the wages go up,
which made the prices go up,
which made the wages go up,
etc.!
A key part of ending the economic disaster of the late 1970s
was getting rid of the COLA increases in the union contracts!

Some economists say that the economy runs in a 50 year cycle.
This is why!  One generation makes a stupid mistake,
and suffers the consequences.
Some of them learn from the mistake.
But then that generation dies out,
and the next generation makes the same stupid mistake!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao