Author Topic: The EV Industry Had A No-Good, Terrible, Very Bad Week  (Read 165 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The EV Industry Had A No-Good, Terrible, Very Bad Week
« on: January 16, 2024, 11:49:30 am »
WRITTEN BY KEVIN KILLOUGH ON JAN 15, 2024. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS, VIDEOS

The EV Industry Had A No-Good, Terrible, Very Bad Week

This has been quite a week for absurd news emanating from the world of electric vehicles.

First, there was the story by the BBC about activists deflating the tires on a Tesla and leaving a flyer under the car’s windshield wiper scolding the owner for harming Mother Gaia by driving his “gas-guzzling SUV.” [emphasis, links added]

When an enterprising reporter found the group – which calls itself the Tyre Extinguishers – and questioned why it would accuse a Tesla of guzzling gas, the group’s spokesperson denied its activists had made an error and notified all Tesla owners that they, too are guilty of killing the planet.

“Hybrids and electric cars are fair game,” the spokesperson said. “We cannot electrify our way out of the climate crisis – there are not enough rare earth metals to replace everyone’s car and the mining of these metals causes suffering.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/the-ev-industry-had-a-no-good-terrible-very-bad-week/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson