Author Topic: New Jersey Democrats Divided as New York’s Bus Restrictions Worsen Migrant Crisis  (Read 230 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Jersey Democrats Divided as New York’s Bus Restrictions Worsen Migrant Crisis
Story by GistFest  •
21h

In a surprising turn of events, Democratic mayors in New Jersey seem to have different ideas about the best way to handle immigrants. An increasing number of immigrants are arriving in the state by bus. So, Democratic mayors are trying to figure out the best approach to bypass New York City’s latest restrictions.

A few weeks back, New York City Mayor Eric Adams ordered charter bus companies to provide the city’s emergency management officials with a manifest of their passengers. The order also requires them to provide a minimum of 32 hours prior notice before dropping off the passengers.

Mayor Adams’ order is similar to ordinances in Chicago. The buses are scheduled to arrive between 8:30 a.m. and noon on weekdays at a single loading zone.

According to New Jersey officials, they are now dropping off immigrants at specific train stations such as Jersey City, Secaucus, and Trenton. The move is strategic to bypass the mayor’s order. Hundreds of the immigrants being dropped off were sent from Texas by the Republican Governor. Greg Abbott.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-jersey-democrats-divided-as-new-york-s-bus-restrictions-worsen-migrant-crisis/ar-AA1mZPBO?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=545a7d2f78b2476da3c35cc848085c13&ei=36
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson