Author Topic: Live Thread>> Iowa Caucus 2024  (Read 9878 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Live Thread>> Iowa Caucus 2024
« Reply #300 on: January 16, 2024, 09:32:51 pm »
I said in another thread that I guess we may as well just pack it in.  Cast a protest vote for the Libertarian or something.  I am sure what's left of the GOP can fix it all by 2028, right?

Without DeSantis, I'll have no dog in the hunt... Might have to go look at CP at that point.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #301 on: January 16, 2024, 09:35:22 pm »
Without DeSantis, I'll have no dog in the hunt... Might have to go look at CP at that point.

I hear ya on that one. Unfortunately, CP has never had a candidate qualify in all 50 states.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #302 on: January 16, 2024, 09:37:15 pm »
Please get some rest.
I got some rest and my opinion remains unchanged.

Disgusted, but not surprised.

Even after March 2020, y'all still are fooled.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #303 on: January 16, 2024, 09:39:54 pm »
I hear ya on that one. Unfortunately, CP has never had a candidate qualify in all 50 states.

They don't have to qualify yet. They have no formal primary. And with limited resources, they don't bother qualifying in states they can't win.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #304 on: January 16, 2024, 09:48:35 pm »
I said in another thread that I guess we may as well just pack it in.  Cast a protest vote for the Libertarian or something.  I am sure what's left of the GOP can fix it all by 2028, right?

Again, in my humblest of opinions, the ONLY path forward for conservatives and conservatism is at the state and local levels.  Build from the ground up.  Trying to win from the top down obviously is a losing battle.  Trump isn't going to ever be seated in the WH again.  Those that think he is are going to be sadly disappointed.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #305 on: January 16, 2024, 10:31:10 pm »
Again, in my humblest of opinions, the ONLY path forward for conservatives and conservatism is at the state and local levels.  Build from the ground up.  Trying to win from the top down obviously is a losing battle.  Trump isn't going to ever be seated in the WH again.  Those that think he is are going to be sadly disappointed.

Well, AFAIC, Arizona is such a mess it will never be fixed.  I would bet that after decades of a GOP majority in both houses, we are likely to lost that to the Rats.  I am thoroughly disgusted with this bunch we have now. 

I may not even be a PC a year from now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #306 on: January 16, 2024, 10:39:39 pm »
   I was once again excited in the GOP after the Tea Party wave of 2012, most of them became swamp creatures, though when Trump took that infamous escalator ride in 2015, all recovery hope was lost, the icing on Cocaine Mitch's cake.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #307 on: January 16, 2024, 10:44:04 pm »
Well, AFAIC, Arizona is such a mess it will never be fixed.  I would bet that after decades of a GOP majority in both houses, we are likely to lost that to the Rats.  I am thoroughly disgusted with this bunch we have now. 

I may not even be a PC a year from now.

Well, there's no telling what shape FL is going to be in once DeSantis has to step away. Really only recently FL found itself in the hands of Republicans with Jeb! Prior to that FL was a blue state.  Obviously he wasn't a conservative but through the past several election cycles we finally landed a true conservative.

Am I optimistic about the future? No. Not without changing the liberalization of our schools.  That absolutely has to be remedied before we're going to see true change.  Will that ever happen??  Right now, I'd say that would be a snowball's chance in hell.  Just my opinion.

However, there is always HOPE.  Hope is essential to move forward in life.  Having that mindset of having hope, is much easier said than done.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #308 on: January 16, 2024, 10:46:27 pm »
   I was once again excited in the GOP after the Tea Party wave of 2012, most of them became swamp creatures, though when Trump took that infamous escalator ride in 2015, all recovery hope was lost, the icing on Cocaine Mitch's cake.

Mitch has to be retiring sooner or later for crying out loud!  Though who knows if his replacement will be any better.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #309 on: January 16, 2024, 11:08:15 pm »

The TEA Party was first formed during the bailouts under GWB. Then it was eventually co opted by the Republican Party and despite the bad press coverage, won elections

Compare that winning streak  to you know who
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 11:46:49 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

« Reply #310 on: January 16, 2024, 11:25:46 pm »

Alberta could use your vote.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #311 on: January 16, 2024, 11:46:13 pm »

Don't think I ain't thought of that... I love Alberta, and inland BC, and NWT

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #312 on: January 16, 2024, 11:55:21 pm »

I have some distant cousins there. We went up for a visit when I was a kid.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #313 on: January 17, 2024, 12:48:52 am »

If Trump squeaks by it will only be because Biden is so pathetic.

And if Trump indeed wins it all, he will burn bridges again and just make every-day commie Dems extra mad, and us true conservatives also, especially if we don’t kiss his butt and grovel on the ground to him like the King of Siam.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #314 on: January 17, 2024, 01:12:05 am »
If Trump squeaks by it will only be because Biden is so pathetic.

And if Trump indeed wins it all, he will burn bridges again and just make every-day commie Dems extra mad, and us true conservatives also, especially if we don’t kiss his butt and grovel on the ground to him like the King of Siam.

If Trump wins against Brandon/Chuckles I don't see that much of a problem as far as angry mobs. Though doubtful, the problem will arise if they run someone like Big Mike, Susan Rice, etc., and Trump wins.  You are going to see riots like none other.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #315 on: January 17, 2024, 02:03:01 am »
Here are the entrance polls -- I found them interesting -- especially age groups for DeSantis v. Trump.  The older crowd voted for Trump over the younger crowd who voted for DeSantis.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-primary-elections/iowa-president-results

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #316 on: January 17, 2024, 03:05:36 am »
JUST IN -- Ted Cruz endorses Donald Trump for president.(Video)

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1747444060514648491

« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 03:10:59 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #317 on: January 17, 2024, 03:07:30 am »
How many times are you going to post that?  Stop spamming the boards.  Besides, it makes you look like a hypocrite after eight years of trashing Ted Cruz.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #318 on: January 17, 2024, 03:12:06 am »
How many times are you going to post that? 

I'll post where it fits.  Not everyone visits and revisits every thread.

@Jack Russell

« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 03:18:14 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #319 on: January 17, 2024, 03:12:27 am »
How many times are you going to post that?  Stop spamming the boards.  Besides, it makes you look like a hypocrite after eight years of trashing Ted Cruz.

Not too many days ago Vivek was a "fraud." Now that he endorsed Trump, he's back in Trump's good graces again

That's what will make Trump ineffective should we win by some miracle. Loyalty will override ability when he chooses his cabinet
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

« Reply #320 on: January 17, 2024, 03:20:51 am »
That's what will make Trump ineffective should we win by some miracle. Loyalty will override ability when he chooses his cabinet

Choosing his cabinet will be easy.  He'll simply nominate everyone the GOPe tells him to nominate.  Just like he did last time. 

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-