Author Topic: Live Thread>> Iowa Caucus 2024  (Read 9792 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Live Thread>> Iowa Caucus 2024
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2024, 08:01:17 pm »
Just a reminder - While The Briefing Room "Trump Haters" try to showcase this forum as a Reagan style Conservative forum, all but a few wouldn't hesitate to withhold their vote for the GOP Nominee.

TWICE!

LOL!  You make this too easy...

Bull Shit!!!.   Key word is "CONSERVATIVE"!!!!  Tumpy is anything but one, and you remotely alluding that he is, is beyond laughable.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DB

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2024, 08:03:29 pm »
@mystery-ak  @Hoodat  @LMAO  @catfish1957 @libertybele  @roamer_1  @Jack Russell  @Timber Rattler  @DB

And doesn't that piss you ALL off, to no end???    :laugh:   :tongue2:

Nope. Only sad. I'll survive. Enjoy your ride to wide spread decline and all the while you will be making excuses why he failed never learning a damn thing...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2024, 08:05:35 pm »
Trump supporters like to convince themselves that Donald Trump  inherited an economy that was collapsed, only to pull it out of that, and make it one of the best economies in the history of of the country

The reality is he inherited a growing economy, although slowly, with low interest rates and low inflation, and left office with it in a wreck

So you were happy with the O'Bama economy and Obamacare?

In reality O'Bama ran up the deficit more than Trump and keep in mind that O'Bama didn't have a pandemic to deal with.  Just sayin'.

CLAIM: Trump “ran up more debt than any other President in American history.”

AP’S ASSESSMENT: That’s incorrect. The debt incurred during the Trump era was very high. But in terms of raw dollars, the total debt rose more under former President Barack Obama, with Trump in second place — though Obama held office for two terms, while Trump served one.

Gross debt as a percentage of U.S. gross domestic product at beginning and end of presidencies since 1940: (graph @link)

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-national-debt-donald-trump-barack-obama-ee3e613646fe500edf803e57959c776e

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2024, 08:06:20 pm »
Nope. Only sad. I'll survive. Enjoy your ride to wide spread decline and all the while you will be making excuses why he failed never learning a damn thing...

Yep....  The Orange Trojan Horse dupes the GOP rank and file again.   Sad so many supposedly on our side have become mind numbing stupid
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2024, 08:08:18 pm »
So you were happy with the O'Bama economy and Obamacare?

In reality O'Bama ran up the deficit more than Trump and keep in mind that O'Bama didn't have a pandemic to deal with.  Just sayin'.

CLAIM: Trump “ran up more debt than any other President in American history.”

AP’S ASSESSMENT: That’s incorrect. The debt incurred during the Trump era was very high. But in terms of raw dollars, the total debt rose more under former President Barack Obama, with Trump in second place — though Obama held office for two terms, while Trump served one.

Gross debt as a percentage of U.S. gross domestic product at beginning and end of presidencies since 1940: (graph @link)

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-national-debt-donald-trump-barack-obama-ee3e613646fe500edf803e57959c776e

I never said that the Obama economy was great nor I liked Obamacare. Those are strawman arguments.

I simply said that Trump did not inherit a recession or economy that was collapsing. That’s a fact.

And Trump did bring the debt up more in dollar amounts in the shortest amount of time than any other president

Obama had eight years to do it. Trump did it in four.

https://www.wral.com/amp/20917913/

Strictly speaking, former President Barack Obama accumulated more debt than Trump. But Trump accumulated the most debt per year served in office.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 08:12:25 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2024, 08:10:55 pm »
Just a reminder - While The Briefing Room "Trump Haters" try to showcase this forum as a Reagan style Conservative forum, all but a few wouldn't hesitate to withhold their vote for the GOP Nominee.

TWICE!

LOL!  You make this too easy...

I take issue @DCPatriot for you calling me a Trump Hater.  First of all hate is a very strong word.  I don't hate Trump, I just find his attack on conservatives and conservatism (again) detrimental to our Republic. So with that being said I cannot vote for him again.  I have stated several times that all in all he made a decent president.  I take issue with some things that he did.  He is not interested in MAGA anymore, he is interested in retribution and has become unhinged.  I cannot and will not vote for him. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2024, 08:12:08 pm »
Just a reminder - While The Briefing Room "Trump Haters" try to showcase  .  .  .

For the umpteenth time, I am not a Trump hater.  I am a leftist-policy hater.  There is quite a lot about Trump that I like, even applaud.  But when it comes to things that matter, lean fiscal policy and an end to enriching the Swamp, Trump has been an abject failure.

.  .  .  showcase this forum as a Reagan style Conservative forum . .

It clearly isn't while people like you here trashing Conservatism and endorsing massive deficit spending for political expediency just like any other Democrat does.

all but a few wouldn't hesitate to withhold their vote for the GOP Nominee.

So if Joe Biden was the GOP nominee, you would vote for him?  That says a lot.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2024, 08:13:22 pm »
I never said that the Obama economy was great nor I liked Obamacare. Those are strawman arguments.

I simply said that Trump did not inherit a recession or economy that was collapsing. That’s a fact.

And Trump did bring the debt up more in dollar amounts in the shortest amount of time than any other president

Obama had eight years to do it. Trump did it in four.

??? So are you saying the Brandon inherited a recession or economy that was collapsing?  Nope -- Brandon created those issues.  We were energy independent and unemployment was the lowest in history .... etc.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2024, 08:18:54 pm »
??? So are you saying the Brandon inherited a recession or economy that was collapsing?  Nope -- Brandon created those issues.  We were energy independent and unemployment was the lowest in history .... etc.

The unemployment rate was over 6% in January 2021. It was just over 4% when he took office in January 2017.

Trump left office with the worst economy than the one inherited.

And it wasn’t Covid that did it. It was how Covid was handled.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 08:31:05 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2024, 08:28:03 pm »
And as far as energy goes, US oil production hit a record under Biden last year. Yet inflation still persist. Why? Because we’re still printing and spending

That’s what causes inflation.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2024, 08:31:41 pm »
The unemployment rate was over 6% in January 2021

Trump left office with the worst economy than the one inherited.

And it wasn’t Covid that did it. It was how Covid was handled.

Paying people not to work is never good policy.  We have been saying this ever since LBJ initiated America's slow decline.  Yet when Trump does it, his sycophants here defend it, saying he had no choice.  And I'm sick of it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2024, 08:32:21 pm »
Paying people not to work is never good policy.  We have been saying this ever since LBJ initiated America's slow decline.  Yet when Trump does it, his sycophants here defend it, saying he had no choice.  And I'm sick of it.

And we’re reaping the rewards of such a policy

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2024, 08:35:06 pm »
And as far as energy goes, US oil production hit a record under Biden last year. Yet inflation still persist. Why? Because we’re still printing and spending

That’s what causes inflation.

Yes, I get that, but Brandon hit our oil reserves hard, so -- how much of what we're producing is actually replenishing what he sold off?

We need to be energy independent again period.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2024, 08:46:36 pm »
-- how much of what we're producing is actually replenishing what he sold off?

Zero.  There has been a 3 million bbl increase over the last six months (500k bbl per month).  But over the preceding 30 months, it fell 289 million bbl.  The government is not purchasing oil to refill the SPR.  That oil is being sold instead to other countries.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2024, 09:04:46 pm »
Zero.  There has been a 3 million bbl increase over the last six months (500k bbl per month).  But over the preceding 30 months, it fell 289 million bbl.  The government is not purchasing oil to refill the SPR.  That oil is being sold instead to other countries.

Wonderful!  888mouth

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2024, 09:05:32 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2024, 09:08:03 pm »

@DCPatriot

What does that have to do with the fact that you openly support a big-government big-deficit spender as bad as Joe Biden?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2024, 09:59:12 pm »
Ron DeSantis Pledges Not to Drop Out of Presidential Race Even if He Finishes Third in Iowa

Ron DeSantis clarified that he will not drop out of the presidential primary contest, even if he finishes third in the Iowa caucus.

https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2024/01/15/ron-desantis-pledges-not-to-drop-out-of-presidential-race-even-if-he-finishes-third-in-iowa/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2024, 10:05:57 pm »
Ron DeSantis Pledges Not to Drop Out of Presidential Race Even if He Finishes Third in Iowa

Ron DeSantis clarified that he will not drop out of the presidential primary contest, even if he finishes third in the Iowa caucus.

https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2024/01/15/ron-desantis-pledges-not-to-drop-out-of-presidential-race-even-if-he-finishes-third-in-iowa/

I'm still thinking (perhaps wishful thinking) that DeSantis will take IA. Haley NH, ... and then the fight is truly on. We'll know in just a short period of time.  :patriot:

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2024, 10:38:19 pm »

Here's old man blowhard, sporting his Chernobyl spray tan in Iowa.  God what a douche.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2024, 10:40:48 pm »

Here's old man blowhard, sporting his Chernobyl spray tan in Iowa.  God what a douche.

Casey's pizza?  I wonder if that's supposed to be some kind of insult to DeSantis?  His wife's name is Casey.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2024, 10:42:35 pm »
A lot of the reason that US production has risen are the wells drilled but were not completed yet.  Those wells have come on line or are coming on line.  There was a HUGE backlog of them.

But you still have to factor in that Brandon is selling of our oil and has drastically reduced our reserves.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2024, 10:54:45 pm »

Trump was doing OK up until the point where he decided to go Full Democrat and spend $3 trillion in newly printed money in his last year in office while at the same time paying people not to produce.  Maybe if Trump had picked advisors that didn't come from the Swamp, he would have been smart enough to know that liberal policies do not Make America Great.  Ever.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2024, 10:56:45 pm »
But you still have to factor in that Brandon is selling of our oil and has drastically reduced our reserves.

The people who produce oil are selling oil.  The government doesn't produce oil.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2024, 11:02:11 pm »
Casey's pizza?  I wonder if that's supposed to be some kind of insult to DeSantis?  His wife's name is Casey.

:facepalm2:  @libertybele

Casey's has been around Iowa since 1959 and its pizza is well known and a regional favorite --- with a cult-like following.

More:

Iowans love Casey's pizza — and for good reason
Des Moines Register
Sep 29, 2021

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/entertainment/dining/2021/09/29/caseys-iowa-convenience-store-has-become-beloved-its-breakfast-pizza/5914227001/