Author Topic: Houthis Fire Cruise Missile at U.S. Warship Despite Strikes  (Read 290 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Houthis Fire Cruise Missile at U.S. Warship Despite Strikes
« on: January 15, 2024, 03:24:51 pm »

Houthis Fire Cruise Missile at U.S. Warship Despite Strikes
Story by Nico Hines  •
22m

The Iran-backed Houthi rebels fired a cruise missile at an American warship on Sunday in apparent retaliation for U.S. airstrikes against Houthi targets in Yemen last week.

The missile was shot down by a fighter jet, resulting in no injuries, according to a U.S. Central Command post on Monday. It was fired towards the USS Laboon, a U.S. Navy destroyer, that was in the souther Red Sea over the weekend.

The missile attack—targeted right at the U.S. armed forces—suggests the Houthis will not back down from the Red Sea crisis despite joint military strikes orchestrated by the U.S. and U.K.

Washington and London sanctioned the strikes which began on Thursday after repeated drone and missile attacks on ships passing through the region. The Houthis, who have de-facto control of Yemen after a decade-long civil war, said they would target Israeli-linked vessels in solidarity with the Palestinians, but some of those which came under attack had no known link to Israel.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/houthis-fire-cruise-missile-at-u-s-warship-despite-strikes/ar-AA1n07Se?ocid=msedgntphdr&cvid=1fea61534eeb48df9717dfca957b62c9&ei=10
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Houthis Fire Cruise Missile at U.S. Warship Despite Strikes
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 03:27:04 pm »
The US should get together with slaughterhouses and buy anything pig left over; Guts, blood, shit, skins, anything, then chop it all up and spread over Muslim areas.  The smellier, the better.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 03:27:51 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Houthis Fire Cruise Missile at U.S. Warship Despite Strikes
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2024, 08:19:21 pm »
Eliminate launch sites.

Wait for new launches.

Eliminate new launch sites.

Lather, rinse, repeat.  :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis