Author Topic: Brutal anti-Trump ad on immigation  (Read 634 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Brutal anti-Trump ad on immigation
« on: January 15, 2024, 02:47:23 pm »
DeSantis' campaign put this out a week ago, and it does a great job of showing how Trump's rhetoric on issues doesn't match his actions:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1744130879759294818?s=20

Personally, I would not be opposed to a limited amnesty -- even one as large as Trump described -- as part of a trade-off on a truly iron-clad border agreement.  But such an agreement would require a constitutional amendment, not just legislation that could be ignored or repealed.  But Trump is too ignorant on the law and operation of government to understand that, so he'd likely sell us down the river for a short term gain for which he'd claim victory.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Brutal anti-Trump ad on immigation
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 06:54:35 pm »
The good news is that DeSantis probably won't be in the Campaign after a few weeks.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2024, 07:00:31 pm »
it does a great job of showing how Trump's rhetoric on issues doesn't match his actions:

That's been the case since 2015.  Back then he pledged to deport all the illegals, and then fast-track them right back in granting them legal status.  All while his construction company benefited from hiring lower wage illegals.  Yet to this day his sycophants continue emanating the false rhetoric of 'Drain the Swamp' and 'Build the Wall'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2024, 07:06:50 pm »
That's been the case since 2015.  Back then he pledged to deport all the illegals, and then fast-track them right back in granting them legal status.  All while his construction company benefited from hiring lower wage illegals.  Yet to this day his sycophants continue emanating the false rhetoric of 'Drain the Swamp' and 'Build the Wall'.

I get the idea that you can't always deliver on everything you promise because you can't dictate to Congress.  The problem with Trump is that he doesn't understand government enough to push the best work-arounds.   And because he is so toxic to those who don't like him, stuff that might pass under another Republican President will die just because Democrats won't give Trump a win.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2024, 07:23:54 pm »
There is also a large degree of cult worship where his supporters build him up into something he is not.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2024, 07:25:57 pm »
There is also a large degree of cult worship where his supporters build him up into something he is not.

And they even do that, despite the fact we have a record from his presidency

At least Obama supporters in 2008 went on pure belief
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DB

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2024, 07:39:42 pm »
The good news is that DeSantis probably won't be in the Campaign after a few weeks.

So you want DeSantis out?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2024, 09:27:42 pm »
So you want DeSantis out?

If all he does is bitch about Trump, yes.  And I also feel that way about Trump and Haley, too.  Fighting like this just feeds the Democrats fodder for the General Election.

I have always felt like this.  Personal attacks to win Primaries always come back to bite the Party.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2024, 09:33:18 pm »
DeSantis offers substance, but no one seems to care.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2024, 09:44:34 pm »
DeSantis' campaign put this out a week ago, and it does a great job of showing how Trump's rhetoric on issues doesn't match his actions:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1744130879759294818?s=20

Personally, I would not be opposed to a limited amnesty -- even one as large as Trump described -- as part of a trade-off on a truly iron-clad border agreement.  But such an agreement would require a constitutional amendment, not just legislation that could be ignored or repealed.  But Trump is too ignorant on the law and operation of government to understand that, so he'd likely sell us down the river for a short term gain for which he'd claim victory.
A Constitutional Amendment would only invite the Dems/Leftists to find workarounds, ignore the Amendment (as they ignore the Law),  and further ignore court rulings that bolster the COnstitution and the AMendments thereto.

It is time for us to face the fact that the people opposed to the Rule of Law have a long sheet of ignoring, nonfeasance, and every imaginable middle finger raised to the Constitution and laws of this country. There is and will be NO intent, and no compliance to any law they did not want in the first place. They even purge Police Departments to to ensure the law will not be upheld, pack courts and DA offices to ensure arrests will be meaningless.

They do not--and will not--play by the rules.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2024, 09:49:53 pm »
1.  Enforce current law.
2.  Stop handing out free shit.

Do this, and you have my vote.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2024, 09:52:29 pm »
1.  Enforce current law.
2.  Stop handing out free shit.

Do this, and you have my vote.
Yep, and eject the ones who came here illegally in the last 3 years (for starters), anchor babies and all.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2024, 09:55:05 pm »
Great ad by DeSantis -- Trump FAILED on his promises on the border, plain and simple.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2024, 10:55:58 pm »
Hoodat observes:
"DeSantis offers substance, but no one seems to care."

Fine.
Let him "offer" it again in 2028.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2024, 11:00:48 pm »
Hoodat observes:
"DeSantis offers substance, but no one seems to care."

Fine.
Let him "offer" it again in 2028.

Why would you care about substantive plans to save this country in 2028 when you clearly don't care about them in 2024?  Just more of the same that brought us to 2020.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2024, 11:16:49 pm »
Hoodat complains:
"Why would you care about substantive plans to save this country in 2028 when you clearly don't care about them in 2024?"

Well... because I no longer believe the country can be "saved".
At least not... all of it.

Please take 30 seconds to read this post from yesterday:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,521991.msg2961901.html#msg2961901

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2024, 11:21:03 pm »
I watched Centennial as a teen back when it first aired.  Can't remember much about it now or that episode.  But I have not lost hope yet.  I believe America can be saved.  And 95% of saving it will come from balancing the budget.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2024, 12:28:49 am »
A Constitutional Amendment would only invite the Dems/Leftists to find workarounds, ignore the Amendment (as they ignore the Law),  and further ignore court rulings that bolster the COnstitution and the AMendments thereto.

Then why didn't they do that with Heller, or with Dobbs, or with the Harvard case?   We can't be defeatist and say that it's no use trying anything because they'll just go around it anyway.

The problem with current policy is that it vests too much discretion in presidential enforcement.  There are things to include that can make it pretty tight, including giving states standing to challenge federal immigration policy and the right to prevent illegal immigration on their own borders.  Expressly overrule Phyler v. Doe And specify that the constitution shall not be construed so as to require either states or the federal government to provide any benefits of any kind, including healthcare and education, to people who entered the country illegally or are awaiting a determination on asylum claims.

Lots of other things we could do to make it much less desirable to try to enter the US illegally.