Author Topic: All GOP 2024 candidates promise Jan. 6 pardons By Paul Bedard  (Read 293 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
All GOP 2024 candidates promise Jan. 6 pardons By Paul Bedard
« on: January 15, 2024, 07:20:54 pm »
All GOP 2024 candidates promise Jan. 6 pardons
By
Paul Bedard
January 15, 2024 1:14 pm

All of the top Republican presidential candidates are pledging to grant pardons to hundreds of suspects rounded up and jailed in the Justice Department’s prosecution of the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

While President Joe Biden has followed a lock-them-up-and-throw-away-the-key approach to the suspects, all five of the leading GOP candidates plan to pardon those facing nonviolent charges, one as early as “day one” of his presidency.

In a newly released video, the group Look Ahead America, which has held rallies for “J6” suspects, revealed the answers its volunteers received from candidates on the campaign trail when asked what they would do if elected president.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2796551/all-gop-2024-candidates-promise-jan-6-pardons/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: All GOP 2024 candidates promise Jan. 6 pardons By Paul Bedard
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 07:21:42 pm »
No pardons for those that legitimately broke the law

But the punishments must fit the crime.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2024, 07:33:29 pm »
No pardons for those that legitimately broke the law

But the punishments must fit the crime.

Some pardons, and some commutations. But those sentences overall are ridiculous considering the type of systemic disruption the Leftt has been using for so long without any consequences.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2024, 07:40:01 pm »
Some pardons, and some commutations. But those sentences overall are ridiculous considering the type of systemic disruption the Leftt has been using for so long without any consequences.

Yup
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2024, 07:40:53 pm »
Well in the case of Nikki Haley.....

Burn in hell.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2024, 11:12:33 pm »
There must be a universal, "blanket pardon" that absolves ALL of those on the Capitol grounds on 1/6/21.

I realize that will include a few who actually were guilty of trying to gin up a riot, but there's a reason for my logic. Please keep reading.

The "pardon" must not only absolve those who have been convicted, but also those arrested and incarcerated awaiting trial, and all those who in the future COULD be subject to government persecution and arrest (under some future DCommunist regime).

To put it another way, Mr. Trump should do for the "January sixers" what Jimmy Carter did for the Vietnam-era draft evaders:
Pardon them ALL, and be done with it.

A pardon that covers not only convictions, but also prosecutions-in-progress and on top of that, ALL those who are potentially "prosecute-able".

Put this away for good.