Author Topic: Fueled by unprecedented border crossings, a record 3 million cases clog US immigration courts  (Read 210 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Fueled by unprecedented border crossings, a record 3 million cases clog US immigration courts
Story by By GIOVANNA DELL'ORTO, Associated Press  •
2h

MIAMI (AP) — Eight months after crossing the Rio Grande into the United States, a couple in their 20s sat in an immigration court in Miami with their three young children. Through an interpreter, they asked a judge to give them more time to find an attorney to file for asylum and not be deported back to Honduras, where gangs threatened them.

Judge Christina Martyak agreed to a three-month extension, referred Aarón Rodriguéz and Cindy Baneza to free legal aid provided by the Catholic Archdiocese of Miami in the same courthouse — and their case remains one of the unprecedented 3 million currently pending in immigration courts around the United States.

Fueled by record-breaking increases in migrants who seek asylum after being apprehended for crossing the border illegally, the court backlog has grown by more than 1 million over the last fiscal year and it’s now triple what it was in 2019, according to government data compiled by Syracuse University’s Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fueled-by-unprecedented-border-crossings-a-record-3-million-cases-clog-us-immigration-courts/ar-AA1n08wN?ocid=msedgntphdr&cvid=1fea61534eeb48df9717dfca957b62c9&ei=83
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Democrats, with the possible exception of Biden, know; his puppet master knows, Republicans know, the president of Mexico knows, village chiefs in Africa know, sperm whales know the US will never deport that many people.  So they keep cramming people into this country, making no attempt to stop illegals who will eventual lead a better life on welfare here than they would in their home countries and bleed the country dry.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson