Author Topic: Abbott says claims Texas allowed migrants to drown in Rio Grande are false: 'They forgot to get the  (Read 180 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Abbott says claims Texas allowed migrants to drown in Rio Grande are false: 'They forgot to get the facts'
Story by Landon Mion  •
3h

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, a Republican, said Sunday Democrats' accusations that Texas allowed migrants attempting to cross the southern border into the U.S. to drown in the Rio Grande by preventing Border Patrol from accessing the river are inaccurate.

Federal officials and U.S. Rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas, claimed the state was responsible for the deaths of three migrants – a woman and two children – on Friday after purporting that the Texas Military Department had denied Border Patrol access to the area to help six migrants in distress.

"This is a tragedy, and the State bears responsibility," Cuellar said in a statement.

An investigation by the Texas Military Department determined the accusations were "wholly inaccurate," explaining the drownings had already happened by the time Border Patrol requested access.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/abbott-says-claims-texas-allowed-migrants-to-drown-in-rio-grande-are-false-they-forgot-to-get-the-facts/ar-AA1mZl5d
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Democrats, rinos, and the media over-reacted before getting all the facts?  Again? :facepalm2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson