Author Topic: Weekly Climate and Energy News Roundup #583  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Weekly Climate and Energy News Roundup #583
« on: January 15, 2024, 11:34:25 am »
Weekly Climate and Energy News Roundup #583
1 hour ago

The Week That Was: 2024-01-13 (January 13, 2024)
Brought to You by SEPP (www.SEPP.org)
The Science and Environmental Policy Project
Quote of the Week: “For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.” – H.L. Menchen [H/t Tony Heller]

Number of the Week: 1,142 China; 282 India; 210 US

THIS WEEK:

By Ken Haapala, President, Science and Environmental Policy Project (SEPP)

Scope: Discussed below are issues such as the poor quality of the data, and in some cases absence of data that went into proclamations by NOAA, NASA, the EU’s Copernicus Climate Change Services that 2023 was the hottest year on record. One focus is Antarctica, where no long-term data records exist. Further, flaws to the IEA report claiming that China is leading the world in renewable energy are presented. The 2023 contributions by members of SEPP towards furthering our understanding of the greenhouse effect and climate change are reviewed. Willie Soon’s discussion on hydrocarbons that are not derived from fossils is presented. And EPA’s latest efforts to control the US oil and gas industry are discussed.

Hot Nothing: Over the past few weeks NOAA, NASA, the EU’s Copernicus Climate Change Service have claimed that 2023 was the hottest year ever. Before discussing such claims, it is useful to review the reliability of the entities responsible for maintaining climate records. The US was once considered the gold standard for reporting temperatures nationwide and it has records dating back to about 1880, with longer records in specific locations.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/01/15/weekly-climate-and-energy-news-roundup-583/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson