Author Topic: Nikki Haley’s campaign spent thousands on luxury hotels despite claims it’s ‘smart with every dollar  (Read 258 times)

Offline Hoodat

Nikki Haley’s campaign spent thousands on luxury hotels despite claims it’s ‘smart with every dollar’

Brandon Gillespie  |  Jan. 14, 2024  |  3:55 p.m. ET

Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley’s campaign spent thousands on luxury hotels last year despite her team’s claim it runs “a tight ship” and stays in “affordable” lodging.

According to Haley’s third-quarter disbursements filing with the Federal Election Commission (FEC), her campaign spent over $11,000 on high-end, four- and five-star hotels.

That included stays at The Breakers, a luxurious hotel in Palm Beach, Florida, and the Wave Resort in Long Branch, New Jersey.

Other hotel expenditures listed in the report include stays at a high-end Fairmont Hotel in Texas, an Omni Hotel, a J.W. Marriott and multiple stays at the upscale Hotel Fort Des Moines in Iowa.

The numerous hotel bills contrast with the frugality touted by Haley’s campaign and her comments during the most recent primary debate between her and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, when she blasted him for what she described as blowing through millions of dollars on his campaign.  .  .  .

https://nypost.com/2024/01/14/news/nikki-haleys-campaign-spent-thousands-on-luxury-hotels-despite-claims-its-smart-with-every-dollar/

Haley did the very thing she falsely accused DeSantis of doing.  Can't get more Democrat than that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
DO you expect them to follow the light to where Tom Bodett stays?   

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
DO you expect them to follow the light to where Tom Bodett stays?
Yeah, don't like her but this seems a bit of a reach, now do all the other campaigns. So her campaign isn't up to the frugality standards of this NYP reporter, I wonder what they think of all the campaign donations Trump is spending on his legal defense?

Offline LMAO

The GOP 2024 presidential primary is a joke

Maybe 2028?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy