Author Topic: Rubio throws support behind Trump in 2024 in snub to DeSantis  (Read 766 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Rubio throws support behind Trump in 2024 in snub to DeSantis
by Miranda Nazzaro - 01/14/24 5:10 PM ET

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) on Sunday threw his support behind former President Trump, effectively snubbing his state’s own governor, Ron DeSantis, for 2024.

In a post on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, Rubio railed against the Biden administration’s record, arguing Trump’s “extraordinary actions” are needed to “fix the disaster” of the country.

“When Trump was in [the White House] I achieved major policies I had worked on for years (like expanded Child Tax Credit & tough sanctions on regime in Cuba & Venezuela) because we had a President who didn’t cave to special interests or let bureaucrats block us,” Rubio wrote in a post on X.

“I support Trump because that kind of leadership is the ONLY way we will get the extraordinary actions needed to fix the disaster Biden has created. It’s time to get on with the work of beating Biden & saving America!” he continued.

Rubio ran against Trump in 2016, a contest that at times became contentious. The senator dropped out after losing the Florida primary.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4408498-rubio-support-trump-2024-snub-desantis/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Rubio throws support behind Trump in 2024 in snub to DeSantis
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2024, 11:23:17 pm »
No surprise. DeSantis isn't flashy and attention whorey with the yuuuuuuuuge loud bombastic personality, he just happens to be the Governor in a state where he's handling the woke Marxists their heads, repeatedly, right now, today.

Meanwhile Trump promises it will be different this time...
The Republic is lost.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2024, 12:05:47 am »
This is interesting, only time will tell if it's true:

https://twitter.com/Genius_Parks/status/1746636823122649454

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2024, 12:13:56 am »
Whoops, the rest of that tweet doesn't show up when following the link above:

Essentially, The Trump/Haley ticket is a done deal. Both sides behind the scenes have discussed & hashed out the agreement. The expected announcement will supposedly take place sometime after the NH Primary but before the SC Primary. Here's how it has gone down:
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
·
3h
Internal polling has Haley finishing a distant 3rd in IA and lagging far behind in NH with a campaign suspension coming shortly after the NH Primary.
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
·
3h
The Trump camp does not want to get into a 1-on-1 with DeSantis. For this reason, they started talking to the Haley camp about the VP spot. She would endorse Trump & he'd name her his running mate prior to the SC Primary.
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
·
3h
One of the things Trump/Haley discussed in the agreement was contingencies involving Trump's legal matters that could eventually force him out of the race. Under the agreement, Trump would give his full support of delegates behind Haley at the convention with a supporting speech

This agreement has apparently leaked out onto Capitol Hill with guys like Rand Paul, Mike Lee, Marco Rubio, Rick Scott, and Ted Cruz all being aware of it. It appears this had something to do with Rand's #NeverNikki & Lee supposedly seeing the writing on the wall.
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
·
3h
For that matter, there's been enormous pressure on Cruz to endorse Trump. Cruz is holding out hope that DeSantis pulls off the IA victory, otherwise he is expected to endorse Trump next Tuesday/Wednesday. But he is definitely aware of the Trump/Haley agreement.
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
·
3h
The RNC seems to be in the know here as well. They are interested in a side plan that in the event Trump is forced out of the race for legal reasons, they want Haley to pick a female VP running mate creating the first ever all-female major party ticket in history.
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
·
3h
Regarding the Loomers in MAGA World, I was told Trump would make his social media surrogates accept Haley, or they would get Dilley'd & replaced with "loyal" ones.

The shots at Vivek were meant to get him out of the race no later than the NH Primary.
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
·
3h
I was skeptical of this whole thing, but then when Rand made his #NeverNikki announcement, it made sense what he was trying to convey. Then Lee. And now Rubio today, and Cruz to follow next week.
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
·
3h
The bottom line of all this is that Trump IS the Establishment & the Establishment prefers Trump over DeSantis b/c they can control Trump. But if Trump is forced out, they have rigged the game to set Haley up as the beneficiary
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
·
3h
Trump's IA strategy is this. If DeSantis loses by double digits they will use media surrogates & friendly media to push him out if he decides to stay in. If by some chance DeSantis wins IA, they will try to box him out of any further momentum.
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
·
3h
All DeSantis can do is crush it in IA and "let the chips fall where they may". But if MAGA & the Establishment form this unholy alliance with the bulk of the party acquiescing with this, I'm not sure what the strategy is to out-delegate them to the convention.
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
·
3h
Someone who is near
@chiproytx
 or
@RepThomasMassie
 might be able to ask about this, as I'd be surprised they weren't aware of it either. But I believe this explains the rush of endorsements before anybody has even cast a single vote. It's a Trump-Establishment unholy alliance.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2024, 12:28:20 am »
Whoops, the rest of that tweet doesn't show up when following the link above:

Essentially, The Trump/Haley ticket is a done deal. Both sides behind the scenes have discussed & hashed out the agreement. The expected announcement will supposedly take place sometime after the NH Primary but before the SC Primary. Here's how it has gone down:
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
·
3h
Internal polling has Haley finishing a distant 3rd in IA and lagging far behind in NH with a campaign suspension coming shortly after the NH Primary.
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
·
3h
The Trump camp does not want to get into a 1-on-1 with DeSantis. For this reason, they started talking to the Haley camp about the VP spot. She would endorse Trump & he'd name her his running mate prior to the SC Primary.
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
·
3h
One of the things Trump/Haley discussed in the agreement was contingencies involving Trump's legal matters that could eventually force him out of the race. Under the agreement, Trump would give his full support of delegates behind Haley at the convention with a supporting speech

This agreement has apparently leaked out onto Capitol Hill with guys like Rand Paul, Mike Lee, Marco Rubio, Rick Scott, and Ted Cruz all being aware of it. It appears this had something to do with Rand's #NeverNikki & Lee supposedly seeing the writing on the wall.
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
·
3h
For that matter, there's been enormous pressure on Cruz to endorse Trump. Cruz is holding out hope that DeSantis pulls off the IA victory, otherwise he is expected to endorse Trump next Tuesday/Wednesday. But he is definitely aware of the Trump/Haley agreement.
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
·
3h
The RNC seems to be in the know here as well. They are interested in a side plan that in the event Trump is forced out of the race for legal reasons, they want Haley to pick a female VP running mate creating the first ever all-female major party ticket in history.
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
·
3h
Regarding the Loomers in MAGA World, I was told Trump would make his social media surrogates accept Haley, or they would get Dilley'd & replaced with "loyal" ones.

The shots at Vivek were meant to get him out of the race no later than the NH Primary.
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
·
3h
I was skeptical of this whole thing, but then when Rand made his #NeverNikki announcement, it made sense what he was trying to convey. Then Lee. And now Rubio today, and Cruz to follow next week.
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
·
3h
The bottom line of all this is that Trump IS the Establishment & the Establishment prefers Trump over DeSantis b/c they can control Trump. But if Trump is forced out, they have rigged the game to set Haley up as the beneficiary
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
·
3h
Trump's IA strategy is this. If DeSantis loses by double digits they will use media surrogates & friendly media to push him out if he decides to stay in. If by some chance DeSantis wins IA, they will try to box him out of any further momentum.
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
·
3h
All DeSantis can do is crush it in IA and "let the chips fall where they may". But if MAGA & the Establishment form this unholy alliance with the bulk of the party acquiescing with this, I'm not sure what the strategy is to out-delegate them to the convention.
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
·
3h
Someone who is near
@chiproytx
 or
@RepThomasMassie
 might be able to ask about this, as I'd be surprised they weren't aware of it either. But I believe this explains the rush of endorsements before anybody has even cast a single vote. It's a Trump-Establishment unholy alliance.

Twitter has given morons the ability to describe themselves as geniuses and have people actually believe what they say.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 12:34:27 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2024, 12:47:00 am »
The GOPe has spoken.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2024, 12:49:40 am »
The GOPe has spoken.

Blah...blah..blah   Did anyone really expect anything less?  Haley is the GOPe darling.  Unless DeSantis shocks and takes IA, again, I see her as the GOP nominee and possibly our next president.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2024, 12:57:55 am »
Why is any of this worthy of belief?  Much more likely that folks with their own agenda are just spinning stories for their own reasons.

Trump is far too mercurial to be able to predict reliably this far out who he might choose as a running mate.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2024, 02:06:23 am »
Blah...blah..blah   Did anyone really expect anything less?  Haley is the GOPe darling.

No.  Haley is the Swamp darling.  Trump is the GOPe darling.  Haley is getting her support from Democrats, not Republicans.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2024, 02:18:52 pm »
One theory:
Genius Parks, CPA
@Genius_Parks
There is a reason for all the Capitol Hill endorsements coming out at the moment. I didn't want to publish what my S. Florida contact told me earlier last week because I didn't want to dishearten anyone. With Rubio's endorsement, it looks like what my source said may be accurate.

Essentially, The Trump/Haley ticket is a done deal. Both sides behind the scenes have discussed & hashed out the agreement. The expected announcement will supposedly take place sometime after the NH Primary but before the SC Primary. Here's how it has gone down

One of the things Trump/Haley discussed in the agreement was contingencies involving Trump's legal matters that could eventually force him out of the race. Under the agreement, Trump would give his full support of delegates behind Haley at the convention with a supporting speech. This agreement has apparently leaked out onto Capitol Hill with guys like Rand Paul, Mike Lee, Marco Rubio, Rick Scott, and Ted Cruz all being aware of it. It appears this had something to do with Rand's #NeverNikki & Lee supposedly seeing the writing on the wall.

The shots at Vivek were meant to get him out of the race no later than the NH Primary.  I was skeptical of this whole thing, but then when Rand made his #NeverNikki announcement, it made sense what he was trying to convey. Then Lee. And now Rubio today, and Cruz to follow next week.

The bottom line of all this is that Trump IS the Establishment & the Establishment prefers Trump over DeSantis b/c they can control Trump. But if Trump is forced out, they have rigged the game to set Haley up as the beneficiary.

Someone who is near @chiproytx or @RepThomasMassie might be able to ask about this, as I'd be surprised they weren't aware of it either. But I believe this explains the rush of endorsements before anybody has even cast a single vote. It's a Trump-Establishment unholy alliance.
3:54 PM · Jan 14, 2024

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2024, 02:27:35 pm »
I suppose this depends on how you define "GOP Establishment".  Trumpers control a whole lot of RNC itself.  On the other hand, there are some "establishment" people like Mitchell who don't like Trump.

I think there are a whole lot of Republicans whose No. 1 goal is beating Biden, so with polls currently showing that Trump can do that, they're backing him figuring that it is better for the general election if the party settles on a nominee early.  But they'd have done the same if DeSantis or Haley was leading in the polls.

A corrollary to that is the desire of a lot of them not to be on the wrong side of the guy who looks like he's going to win the nomination, and maybe some D.C. pols who don't want to get on the bad side of Trumpers.  So it is the typical frontrunner effect.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2024, 02:34:42 pm »
The GOPe has spoken.

Yep, Trump is as much of a swamp creature as his political supporters....
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 02:55:06 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2024, 02:51:01 pm »
Pedro L. Gonzalez
@emeriticus
This is why a lot of rw anons and dissident pundits have short-circuited. Being "outside" is integral to their identity. But they aren't outside anymore. They've hitched their wagons to a guy who has the backing of the GOP establishment, from Rubio to Graham.
1:03 AM · Jan 15, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2024, 11:27:52 pm »
From reply 9 above:
"Essentially, The Trump/Haley ticket is a done deal."

EGADS...

Bring back Mike Pence.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2024, 01:05:54 am »
The guy who catcalled him “Lil Marco”?

This is rich, again.

EverTrumpers over the years frequently called Rubio a RINO.  Now what do they think of their Dear Leader?

The same as they thought after being caught loving their despised Linda Graham.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.