Author Topic: Raskin says Trump tried to convert presidency into ‘moneymaking enterprise’  (Read 428 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Raskin says Trump tried to convert presidency into ‘moneymaking enterprise’
by Sarah Fortinsky - 01/14/24 12:07 PM ET

Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) on Sunday accused former President Trump of trying to convert the White House into a “moneymaking enterprise” in response to House Democrats finding Trump took nearly $8 million from foreign governments while president.

“So Donald Trump did something nobody had ever done before. He tried to convert the presidency into a moneymaking enterprise,” he said on MSNBC’s “The Weekend.”

Raskin, the top Democrat on the House Oversight and Accountability Committee, said he has not yet gotten a response from Trump or his legal team, after sending the former president a letter on Friday demanding that he return the roughly $7.8 million he received from foreign governments while president.

Raskin’s letter comes after Democrats on the House Oversight Committee published a report claiming Trump’s companies accepted money from foreign entities in 20 countries and said those payments violate the Emolument Clause of the Constitution.

Of the total amount, about $5.6 million came from China and went to Trump’s hotels in Washington and Las Vegas, the report alleges, as well as Trump Tower in New York.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4408180-raskin-says-trump-tried-to-convert-presidency-into-moneymaking-enterprise/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Apparently Raskin never heard of the Clintons, Obamas, or Bidens? And Biden got his start long before becoming PINO.

Offline DB

Now do the Clinton foundation while Hillary was secretary of state...

Hundreds of millions of dollars...

Online mountaineer

And by "Trump," we mean "Biden."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Now do the Clinton foundation while Hillary was secretary of state...

Hundreds of millions of dollars...

That’s why he went on MSNBC to make this comment.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy