Author Topic: Democrats Talk About Illegal Aliens The Same Way They Used To Talk About Slaves  (Read 187 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Democrats Talk About Illegal Aliens The Same Way They Used To Talk About Slaves
By Pamela Geller - on January 14, 2024

Democrats Talk About Illegal Immigrants The Same Way They Used To Talk About Slaves
By: Evita Duffy-Alfonso, The Federalist, January 14, 2024:

“We need immigrants in this country,” Democratic Rep. Jerrold Nadler said Thursday during a House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration Integrity, Security, and Enforcement hearing. “Our vegetables would rot in the ground if they weren’t being picked by many immigrants — many illegal immigrants.”

“The fact is, the birth rate in this country is way below replacement level,” he continued. Nadler is adamantly anti-life, and given that abortion is responsible for the deaths of millions of unborn American children, it’s unlikely that he’s sincerely concerned about the United States’ replacement rates.

Nadler’s remarks recall the Democratic party’s past reasoning for supporting slavery. Federalist Senior Editor Mark Hemingway pointed out that Democrats in 1823 were backing slavery because if there were no slaves, “Who would pick our cotton?” Today, Democrats are making the argument that low-wage working illegal migrants are necessary to pick “our vegetables.”
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson