Author Topic: Biden administration asks U.S. Supreme Court to tell Texas to stop blocking U.S. border agents from  (Read 198 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden administration asks U.S. Supreme Court to tell Texas to stop blocking U.S. border agents from patrols

MCALLEN, TEXAS - The U.S. Justice Department on Friday asked the U.S. Supreme Court to order Texas to stop blocking U.S. Border Patrol agents from a portion of the U.S.-Mexico border where large numbers of migrants have crossed in recent months, setting up another showdown between Republican Gov. Greg Abbott and the Biden administration over immigration enforcement.

The request comes after Texas put up fencing to take control of a nearly 50-acre (20-hectare) public park along the Rio Grande in Eagle Pass, which was a crossing point for thousands of migrants entering from Mexico last year. Although a similar power struggle played out in the same region more than a year ago, the area Texas closed off this week prevents federal agents from accessing a larger and more visible crossing spot.

Along one stretch, armed Texas National Guard members and their vehicles are preventing Border Patrol agents from accessing the river, the Justice Department said in court filing. The Texas National Guard also allegedly used a military Humvee to keep Border Patrol agents off an access road.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/biden-administration-asks-u-s-supreme-court-to-tell-texas-to-stop-blocking-u-s-border-agents-from-patrols-1.6723981
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson