Author Topic: Biden says Austin had lapse in judgment for not informing him of hospitalization  (Read 412 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden says Austin had lapse in judgment for not informing him of hospitalization
by Alex Gangitano - 01/12/24 3:43 PM ET

President Biden on Friday said that while he still has confidence in Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, he displayed a lapse in judgment for not informing him of his hospitalization.

In his first time weighing in personally on the controversy surrounding Austin, Biden replied “I do,” when asked if he has confidence in the secretary.

When asked if it was a lapse in judgment for Austin to not inform him, he told reporters, “yes.”

Austin underwent surgery in an initial Dec. 22 hospital visit after prostate cancer was detected and he was released the next morning, the Pentagon revealed Tuesday. He returned to the hospital following complications on Jan. 1, but Biden was unaware of his hospitalization until Jan. 4.

Biden then did not find out about Austin’s prostate cancer diagnosis until Tuesday morning, the same day it was revealed to the public in what some are calling an extraordinary breach of protocol.

The White House has said Biden isn’t considering firing Austin despite mounting criticism, including from some Republicans who have called for Austin to step down. Austin acknowledged that he failed to notify Biden for multiple days when he was hospitalized following complications.

The White House announced on Tuesday it is launching a review of protocols for how Cabinet officials delegate authority.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4405815-biden-says-austin-lapse-in-judgement-not-informing-him-hospitalization/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

Kabul Kirby gets a little bit testy here. He doesn't like the idea of tracking missing members of the Cabinet through their cell phones. I guess it's only OK if you're a MAGA supporter on #January6th. (Video)

https://twitter.com/SebGorka/status/1746223080043598065

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Maybe Biden had a lapse of memory and Austin did tell him but now has to take the bullets to save the POTUS. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wonder if they will allow Pedo Joe to serve from basically what will be a Nursing Home Bed in a few years?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.