Author Topic: Ike’s Carrier Air Wing 3, USS Gravely, USS Philippine Sea and USS Mason Struck Houthi Targets  (Read 267 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ike’s Carrier Air Wing 3, USS Gravely, USS Philippine Sea and USS Mason Struck Houthi Targets
HEATHER MONGILIO
JANUARY 12, 2024 6:22 PM

Carrier Air Wing 3 from USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69), USS Gravely (DDG-107), USS Mason (DDG-87) and USS Philippine Sea (CG-58) were involved in Thursday’s strike on Houthi targets in Yemen, a senior defense official told reporters Friday.

An Ohio-class submarine was also involved, but Lt. Gen. Douglas Sims, director of the Joint Staff, did not identify the submarine. However, USS Florida (SSGN-728) entered the Red Sea in November.

A senior U.S. official told Military.com that 22 fixed-wing aircraft were involved in the strikes, with more than 80 Tomahawk missiles launched.

After striking 16 locations, which may have had multiple targets, the U.S. and United Kingdom identified 12 additional locations, which were struck.

https://news.usni.org/2024/01/12/ikes-carrier-air-wing-3-uss-gravely-uss-philippine-sea-and-uss-mason-struck-houthi-targets
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
All that firepower just to take out a flying carpet factory? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I bet that ruined date nite for them.  Where men are men and the goats are scared.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 06:39:16 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.