Author Topic: US and UK forces launch airstrikes against Iran-backed Houthis in response to Red Sea attacks  (Read 10715 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
You don't seem to have much confidence in our Intel and target identification capabilities.

The Kabul exit pretty much made us all skeptics.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The houthis were warned for days this was coming...by the WH. So it really doesn't matter what capabilities are in play here, the WH revealed the intent giving the houthis plenty of advance warning to move.

Remember Bubba demolishing a baby formula plant?  Or, was it an aspirin factory?   /s   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I'd like to see a timestamp on that.
A timestamp would be meaningless, but don't be concerned, Joe will be told what he says as soon as he wakes up and has had his Corn Pops.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Remember Bubba demolishing a baby formula plant?  Or, was it an aspirin factory?   /s   :laugh:
yep, political theatre...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 5 killed in US-lead strikes in Yemen, Houthi rebels say
by Tara Suter - 01/12/24 8:12 AM ET

U.S.-led airstrikes on Houthi targets in Yemen on Thursday killed at least five people, according to the rebels.

Six people were also wounded, the Houthis said.

A Houthi official in their foreign ministry, Hussein al-Ezzi, described the strikes as “a massive aggressive attack by American and British ships, submarines and warplanes.”

“America and Britain will undoubtedly have to prepare to pay a heavy price and bear all the dire consequences of this blatant aggression,” al-Ezzi added.

The Houthis’ chief negotiator and spokesperson, Mohammed Abdul-Salam, meanwhile, said the U.S. and Britain “committed foolishness with this treacherous aggression.”

“They were wrong if they thought that they would deter Yemen from supporting Palestine and Gaza,” he said. Houthi “targeting will continue to affect Israeli ships or those heading to the ports of occupied Palestine,” he said.

The U.S. and the U.K. conducted strikes in Yemen against the Houthis with support from Australia, Bahrain, Canada and the Netherlands in “direct response to unprecedented Houthi attacks” in the Red Sea, according to President Biden.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/international/4404730-5-killed-strikes-yemen-houthi-rebels/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Just 5?  If true, just another F up by Pedo Joe.  He can't even kill terrorist well with millions of dollars of hardware.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

These were the areas in Yemen targeted in the US airstrikes just a few hours ago

Segment from Indian news about the Indian Navy deploying 10 vessels to the Arabian Sea to protect other vessels from Iranian and Houthi missile and drone attacks as well as boarding attempts by various pirates

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1745728214717104514
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Just 5?  If true, just another F up by Pedo Joe.  He can't even kill terrorist well with millions of dollars of hardware.

The PINO just took action, he fired several $2 million missiles at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the ass.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Houthis Vow to Keep Attacking Ships in Red Sea After US-Led Strikes in Yemen
Yemen's Houthi militia said U.S.-led attacks on its anti-ship missile launchers would not deter it from firing at Red Sea shipping
Published 01/12/24 06:06 AM ET|Updated 2 hr ago
Peter S. Green

Yemen’s rebel military government said it would “not hesitate to target sources of threat and all hostile targets on land and at sea,” after a joint U.S. and U.K. air raid struck the Houthi rebel’s missile bases late Thursday night, in an effort to end attacks on shipping int he Red Sea.

Yemeni military spokesman Yahya Saree said that 73 sorties left 5 people dead an six injured.

“The Yemeni armed forces will not hesitate to target sources of threat and all hostile targets on land and at sea in defense of Yemen, its sovereignty and independence,” Saree said, adding Yemen would continue to target shipping headed to Israel.

There was no immediate report on the damage done by the U.S. and UK attacks.

After weeks of Houthi missile attacks halted merchant shipping in the Red Sea - the access point to the Suez Canal - the U.S. and U.K. hit back at Iran-backed Houthi militants Thursday night — raining Tomahawk cruise missiles and bombs from fighter jets on targets in Yemen.

more
https://themessenger.com/news/houthis-vow-to-keep-on-attacking-israel-bound-shipping-in-red-sea-after-u-s-u-k-air-raids
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline PeteS in CA

Houthis Vow to Keep Attacking Ships in Red Sea After US-Led Strikes in Yemen
Yemen's Houthi militia said U.S.-led attacks on its anti-ship missile launchers would not deter it from firing at Red Sea shipping
Published 01/12/24 06:06 AM ET|Updated 2 hr ago
Peter S. Green

Yemen’s rebel military government said it would “not hesitate to target sources of threat and all hostile targets on land and at sea,” after a joint U.S. and U.K. air raid struck the Houthi rebel’s missile bases late Thursday night, in an effort to end attacks on shipping int he Red Sea.
After weeks of Houthi missile attacks halted merchant shipping in the Red Sea - the access point to the Suez Canal - the U.S. and U.K. hit back at Iran-backed Houthi militants Thursday night — raining Tomahawk cruise missiles and bombs from fighter jets on targets in Yemen.

From the other thread:

These opinions may or may not be popular hereabouts, but:

1. Damn well about time!

2. LIEden should have done this several months ago, with or without other nations' participation and support.

3. LIEden's delay encouraged the Houthis and made the situation worse than it could have been.

4. I hope the various countries' PTBs realize that a single set of strikes won't get the Houthis to stop.

And if the government of Yemen supports the Houthis' piracy, scroom!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Why is American treasure being spent, and American blood being risked, to protect Europe's and Asia's shipping routes?

Much of the Persian Gulf oil is going to India, China, and Japan.

Much of the container ship traffic is between Europe and China.

The Suez Canal was built by the British and the French to reduce travel time between those countries and their south Asian colonies.

Let China, India, and the E.U. protect their own damn trade routes.

The US should not still be backfilling the void left by the collapse of the British Empire after World War II.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot

Or blowing up tents and camels in Somalia, Afghanistan, and Sudan...

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1993-06-16-mn-3655-story.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/inatl/longterm/eafricabombing/stories/decision082198.htm

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Gotta get the nation's mind off cigars and  blue dresses don't they?  /s

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Gotta get the nation's mind off cigars and  blue dresses don't they?  /s

Depends and vacations for today's PINO.  Maybe joe needs a good sucking to get his mojo back.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Depends and vacations for today's PINO.  Maybe joe needs a good sucking to get his mojo back.

Or a few scalps of a few little girls.

Offline Wingnut

Or a few scalps of a few little girls.

I can see Joe at the next state dinner in his Aviators and asking:

Online GtHawk

The PINO just took action, he fired several $2 million missiles at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the ass.
Why did the PINO target an innocent sex worker?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline berdie

:rolling: :rolling:

Offline Wingnut

His goat was on loan to his brothers cousin.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online GtHawk

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1745831072791662844
When you give terrorists a home and base to launch assaults on other nations and their ships you give up the right to be outraged when when those who were assaulted retaliate.