Author Topic: Day Before Biden Admin Announced It Would Withhold Weapons From Israel, It Issued Sanctions Waiver T  (Read 298 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Washington Free Beacon by Adam Kredo 5/9/2024
Day Before Biden Admin Announced It Would Withhold Weapons From Israel, It Issued Sanctions Waiver To Allow Arms Sales to Qatar and Lebanon

Less than a day before the Biden administration announced its intent to cut off U.S. arms sales to Israel, it issued a sanctions waiver to bypass congressional prohibitions on arms sales to a host of Arab nations that boycott the Jewish state, including Hamas ally Qatar and Iran-controlled Lebanon, the Washington Free Beacon has learned.

On Tuesday—just a day before President Joe Biden threatened to withhold key weapons deliveries from Israel if the country moves forward with an incursion in the Gaza Strip's Rafah neighborhood—the State Department informed Congress that it intends to bypass laws that bar the United States from selling weapons to nations that boycott Israel, according to a copy of the notification obtained by the Free Beacon.

The Biden administration, which has waived these sanctions in the past, said in the notification that it intends to extend the waiver through April 30, 2025, allowing weapons to be sent to a host of nations that work closely with the Hamas terror group and other Iran-backed terror proxies.

While the administration determined that these countries engage in Israel boycotts, a condition that triggers American anti-boycott laws, bypassing these restrictions remains "in the U.S. national interest" to maintain regional stability, according to the waiver. But this justification is drawing scrutiny on Capitol Hill as the Biden administration threatens key arms shipments to Israel in a bid to force it into abandoning its campaign to eradicate Hamas.

"The Biden administration's policy toward Israel and around the world is to punish our allies and boost our enemies," Sen. Ted Cruz (R., Texas), a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, told the Free Beacon after reviewing the sanctions waiver. "They have sanctioned Israel and imposed an arms embargo. Meanwhile they've spent hundreds of millions pouring aid into the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip, dismantled sanctions on Iran, and now are suspending congressional restrictions to send weapons to Israel's enemies such as Qatar and Lebanon."

More: https://freebeacon.com/national-security/day-before-biden-admin-announced-it-would-withhold-weapons-from-israel-it-issued-sanctions-waiver-to-allow-arms-sales-to-qatar-and-lebanon/

Offline LMAO

Do not underestimate the iron grip the pro HAMAs movement has on the Democrat Party. If they stay home this fall, it's a serious threat to Biden's reelection
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The Democommunists have gone full blown support for islamic terrorism.

The Biden Idiocracy is destroying any credibility the USA has in the world.  No mystery it is Obama running this islamic terrorist support nonsense and running this clown show.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well thank goodness Joe is still making sure that Hamas can get their weapons replaced, just like before Barry is making sure his moslem brothers are taken care of.