Author Topic: Slovakian prime minister shot in 'brutal' attack while meeting supporters-breaking  (Read 113 times)

Hoodat and 22 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Slovakia's prime minster Robert Fico is in a life-threatening condition after being shot.

He has been taken to hospital by helicopter in what has been described as a crucial few hours for the Slovak premier.

The incident took place outside the House of Culture in the town of Handlova, where Mr Fico had been meeting supporters.

A suspect has been detained.

https://news.sky.com/story/slovakian-prime-minister-shot-in-brutal-attack-while-meeting-supporters-13136156
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Feed for live news.

https://news.sky.com/story/updates-slovakia-prime-minister-robert-fico-in-hospital-after-shooting-13136433

It's breaking on all the European wires I follow- but not a peep on any US wires  yet.

Condition is "life threatening" according to Sky

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
A nation's leader is mortally shot, and we don't hear about it on our news feeds?

Incredible.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

Archduke Ferdinand?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Archduke Ferdinand?

from the wiki page it was kind of hard to extract his political leanings.  Seems he is pro-Israel, anti-Muslim , not pro-Ukraine, left of center domestic policy,  pro-EU, and seems to warm to Russia, but not overtly.

Not sure how any of this plays into this attempt, but i understand the perp was nabbed, so I am guessing more to follow.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:39:54 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
A nation's leader is mortally shot, and we don't hear about it on our news feeds?

Incredible.

@catfish1957

CNN and Wall Street Journal, New York Times  just picked it up about 15 minutes ago. It's trending all over now.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/15/europe/slovakia-prime-minister-fico-shooting-intl/index.html

« Last Edit: Today at 02:42:02 pm by Gefn »