Author Topic: Navy chief to prioritize getting more ships ready for action  (Read 227 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy chief to prioritize getting more ships ready for action
« on: January 10, 2024, 05:44:51 pm »
Navy chief to prioritize getting more ships ready for action
By Megan Eckstein
 Jan 9, 09:06 PM

ARLINGTON, Va. — The chief of naval operations said Tuesday the service must “get more players on the field” as international crises demand more of the naval force, in her first major address since taking the helm of the Navy two months ago.

Adm. Lisa Franchetti said at the Surface Navy Association’s annual conference she’s focused on improving the Navy’s readiness, including the necessary logistics; better integrating the service with the joint force; and working with Congress and industry to address naval needs.

The Navy today is postured to respond if crises in Ukraine and Israel escalate, is actively shooting down Houthi missiles and drones in the Red Sea, and has a large presence in the Pacific to deter Chinese aggression against nearby U.S. partners and allies.

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2024/01/10/navy-chief-to-prioritize-getting-more-ships-ready-for-action/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Navy chief to prioritize getting more ships ready for action
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 06:28:51 pm »
 ////00000////

They can use the Littoral Combat Ships for target practice, decoys, and artificial reefs.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.