Author Topic: Heads Up on Artic Blast Early Next Week  (Read 5859 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Heads Up on Artic Blast Early Next Week
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2024, 11:23:50 pm »
6 below already... I might have to put on some flannel and find my wool socks...

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2024, 05:07:39 am »
6 below already... I might have to put on some flannel and find my wool socks...

Now things have shifted and they're talking alot more ice. Dang I hate ice.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2024, 05:45:28 am »
Now things have shifted and they're talking alot more ice. Dang I hate ice.

We're too dang cold for ice to be a problem... twelve below now... That cold, the top of the ice ain't that slick.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2024, 01:27:35 pm »
we are due for sleet all weekend - starting tonight .

I don't like this. You can really  fall and do damage once you hit a certain age

I would rather have snow. We haven't had snow since 2020
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2024, 04:57:45 pm »
we are due for sleet all weekend - starting tonight .

I don't like this. You can really  fall and do damage once you hit a certain age

I would rather have snow. We haven't had snow since 2020

Buy you a good pair of mukluks, snow packs, or snow boots. You wear them big, for extra socks... and they come big to accommodate the thick insulation. but that adds another feature - the tread is also much wider, which provides a great deal more sure-footedness.

Now, nothing 'ladies', stylish, or thin... This is a working boot that any rural northern gal will own.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 05:06:21 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2024, 05:00:32 pm »
As long as we don't lose power like we did in February 2021, we should be okay.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2024, 05:04:23 pm »

Might have to break out the winter coat?
It’s a balmy -9 right now. Gonna be cold for a while.
First calf was born on the farm yesterday. Wasn’t expected this early, but it’s doing well so far.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2024, 05:12:40 pm »
Might have to break out the winter coat?
It’s a balmy -9 right now. Gonna be cold for a while.

-17 right now... With the wind chill last night, Big Mountain (ski resort) recorded -66

First calf was born on the farm yesterday. Wasn’t expected this early, but it’s doing well so far.

Of course... in a blizzard, in a stream, in the early morning. That's how cows roll.  :laugh:

Congratulations... I guess. I am so over pulling calves.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2024, 05:48:14 pm »
Dang, I feel bad for all of you freezing your butts while I sit here in balmy SoCal with nights in the low 40's and days in the low 60's **nononono* I know that for a lot of you that's like like summer, I think of it as comfortable even though there are a lot of people here that think they are in real cold like all of you. Stay safe and keep warm

Online corbe

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2024, 06:15:03 pm »

:thumbsup:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2024, 07:13:25 pm »
Dang, I feel bad for all of you freezing your butts while I sit here in balmy SoCal with nights in the low 40's and days in the low 60's **nononono* I know that for a lot of you that's like like summer, I think of it as comfortable even though there are a lot of people here that think they are in real cold like all of you. Stay safe and keep warm

Yes, I am interested in the temperatures being so low, everywhere but where you and I live.  We have low temperatures here, too, but here in my part of the Mojave Desert it hasn't gotten down to freezing.  And no precipitation so far this year.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2024, 07:16:57 pm »
I usually like to rub it in with our nice moderate winters here near the TX Gulf Coast, but those rascals at the NWS are saying its going to get near 20 here Wednesday.  Brrrrrrr!!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2024, 07:32:13 pm »

We lived one winter season in SoCal ---- and it was kinda fun --- it had a real vacay feel to it.  Yet, I just couldn't fight the urge to throw a few pairs of thick socks and a couple of scarfs into the earthquake preparedness kit.   888blackhat

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2024, 07:48:57 pm »
We lived one winter season in SoCal ---- and it was kinda fun --- it had a real vacay feel to it.  Yet, I just couldn't fight the urge to throw a few pairs of thick socks and a couple of scarfs into the earthquake preparedness kit.   888blackhat

Mrs. Liberty had an Earthquake Kit in SoCal.  She had lived through a couple of them, like Northridge.  Also a smaller version in her car.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2024, 08:11:09 pm »
You can never go wrong with warm socks and a scarf, there are times when a stiff wind(for us) of 20 or 25 mph makes them welcome :beer:

Online GtHawk

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2024, 08:15:04 pm »
Mrs. Liberty had an Earthquake Kit in SoCal.  She had lived through a couple of them, like Northridge.  Also a smaller version in her car.
I have been through a few bad quakes, fortunately not at an epicenter like Northridge and the only places that absolutely scare me of being at during a bad one is in my car under an overpass or in a concrete parking structure and outside of a high rise with lots of glass windows **nononono*

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2024, 08:21:03 pm »
I have been through a few bad quakes, fortunately not at an epicenter like Northridge and the only places that absolutely scare me of being at during a bad one is in my car under an overpass or in a concrete parking structure and outside of a high rise with lots of glass windows **nononono*

I noticed that in SoCal, people tend not to go under overpasses right away.  They wait for a clear spot on the other side.  When my wife pointed it out, I thought it would be a good practice.  Bets are off when a bunch of NooBs decide that's a great time to cut you off.
I will NOT comply.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2024, 09:06:36 pm »
I noticed that in SoCal, people tend not to go under overpasses right away.  They wait for a clear spot on the other side.  When my wife pointed it out, I thought it would be a good practice.  Bets are off when a bunch of NooBs decide that's a great time to cut you off.
Yup, whether you are in earthquake country, or just in hostile areas, it makes good sense to watch your six and make sure you have a safe exit happy77

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2024, 09:09:12 pm »
Yup, whether you are in earthquake country, or just in hostile areas, it makes good sense to watch your six and make sure you have a safe exit happy77

Always, and especially so for driving in traffic.  Always have an "out," and let other drivers have theirs.
I will NOT comply.

Offline berdie

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2024, 09:33:23 pm »

Amen!! I have severe PTSD caused by that whole mess.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2024, 10:31:34 pm »
Nothing worse than ice and burst water pipes.  If you lose heat, you may want to shut off the water and open the spigots to keep frozen water from bursting your pipes. 
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2024, 10:32:39 pm »
Nothing worse than ice and burst water pipes.  If you lose heat, you may want to shut off the water and open the spigots to keep frozen water from bursting your pipes.

Good advice...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2024, 12:41:37 am »

You don't get it... Like a Husky, I BELONG here. I LOVE 30 below... I'm just itchin to get out in it... That's the difference this year.

Maybe it was all those years wading in frozen waters while trapping... maybe I got that ice water in my veins... but I would never live where winter don't.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2024, 12:49:45 am »
You don't get it... Like a Husky, I BELONG here. I LOVE 30 below... I'm just itchin to get out in it... That's the difference this year.

Maybe it was all those years wading in frozen waters while trapping... maybe I got that ice water in my veins... but I would never live where winter don't.

I am more like a Camel or a Gila Monster. Give me those 115 degree days.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2024, 12:53:21 am »
I am more like a Camel or a Gila Monster. Give me those 115 degree days.

Triple digits, my ass is in a lake somewhere, all day long.