Author Topic: Heads Up on Artic Blast Early Next Week  (Read 5860 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Heads Up on Artic Blast Early Next Week
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2024, 11:08:48 pm »
@Hoodat

Watch out for carbon monoxide. That stuff will kill you and you will not see or smell anything. Suddenly, out of nowhere, you're dead.

Yep, here we go. For me, it is hitting tonight and through next week. It is odd to wake up and get a temperature in the morning and then see the temp go down during the day. The day is 'supposed' to warm up, not get colder.

A dear lady friend of mine lost her aunt's entire family of five or six due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Uncle left the automobile running in the garage...upon arriving home drunk.

Found one person in the middle of shaving at the bathroom sink...water still running.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DB

« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2024, 11:35:43 pm »
A dear lady friend of mine lost her aunt's entire family of five or six due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Uncle left the automobile running in the garage...upon arriving home drunk.

Found one person in the middle of shaving at the bathroom sink...water still running.

I could be entirely wrong, but I thought modern cars (last 15 years or so) don't produce much CO.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2024, 05:01:00 am »
-19 in the Florida of Iowa this a.m. We were actually colder than NE IA in the little cold pocket here.

People hate it, but this kind of cold kills things you don't want, and keeps others from migrating up here, like fire ants. Keep them evil things down there.

Ohh... I was thinking hippies.  :whistle:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2024, 05:23:32 am »
I could be entirely wrong, but I thought modern cars (last 15 years or so) don't produce much CO.

It happened in the 1990's.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2024, 05:33:20 am »

Ohh... I was thinking hippies.  :whistle:
Das is vahr.
We will never know and will never be told the number of homeless who die this winter. The government will never tell us the truth. Most cities have a crew which trolls around the city looking for dead bodies. They will be busy this week.

Man ... I look out my door and I know nobody is going to survive out there. Some will seek shelter. But the mentally deranged, the drug addicts, the alcoholics, they will stay outside until they die.

You are correct. The cold does kind of 'wipe the slate' when it comes to feral hippies in the wild. But we will never hear about it. It is too sensitive a subject for the common people.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.