Author Topic: Thousands of migrant families set to reapply for NYC shelter system as 60-day limit approaches  (Read 182 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Thousands of migrant families set to reapply for NYC shelter system as 60-day limit approaches
Story by Craig McCarthy, Jorge Fitz-Gibbon  •
16h

Rogue migrants set up illegal camp outside Randall’s Island site: ‘Every day we come back, there’s more’

The first wave of migrant families to run out of time in the Big Apple’s shelter system is expected to rush city re-intake centers this week to desperately try to renew their taxpayer-funded housing.

The city has issued 4,300 notices to migrants with children warning their 60-day stint in packed city shelters expires in the coming days, requiring them to reapply — but with the understanding that any newly arrived asylum-seekers get first crack at available spots, sources said.

If families who reapply don’t get spots right away, they will be sent to special respite centers to wait till space becomes available, city officials said.

Mayor Eric Adams announced in October that migrant families would have to reapply for a slot in the cramped city shelter system every 60 days — with single migrants required to do so every 30 days.
The city extended the families’ deadlines till after the holidays, but they are now coming due.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/thousands-of-migrant-families-set-to-reapply-for-nyc-shelter-system-as-60-day-limit-approaches/ar-AA1mB3AN?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=cb4672dbc62e4303b03a841a77885be7&ei=46
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

The empty Summer mansions in the Hamptons and Montauk may be available.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright