Author Topic: George Stephanopoulos Stunned After Pelosi Suggests States Can Overrule Constitution and Ban Trump F  (Read 409 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
George Stephanopoulos Stunned After Pelosi Suggests States Can Overrule Constitution and Ban Trump From Presidential Ballot (VIDEO)
by Cristina Laila Jan. 7, 2024 1:00 pm

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) on Sunday suggested the states can overrule the US Constitution and ban Trump from the presidential ballot.

Pelosi appeared on ABC’s “This Week” to discuss Trump’s Colorado ballot appeal to the US Supreme Court with host George Stephanopoulos.

Last week President Trump asked the US Supreme Court to overturn the Colorado Supreme Court’s decision to bar him from the 2024 ballot.

The Colorado Supreme Court last month disqualified Trump from the 2024 ballot.

Skyrocketing Food Prices Are Prompting Many Americans to Stock Up on Long-Term Storage Beef

On Friday the US Supreme Court agreed to hear oral arguments in the Colorado ballot case.

The legal theories are based on Section 3 of the US Constitution’s 14th Amendment which states public officials who have “engaged in insurrection or rebellion against” the US may be disqualified from public office.

Trump has not been charged with engaging in insurrection or rebellion against the United States.

The US Constitution has three requirements to be president:

Be a natural-born citizen of the United States.
    Be at least 35 years old.
    Have been a resident of the United States for 14 years.

Nancy Pelosi however on Sunday said the states can overrule the US Constitution and ban Trump from the ballot.

Even George Stephanopoulos, a lifelong Democrat hack and Deep State asset was stunned by Pelosi’s suggestion.

“You believe [Trump] is ineligible to be president?” Stephanopoulos asked Pelosi referring to the 14th Amendment.

“They have different laws from state-to-state,” Pelosi said.

A stunned Stephanopoulos interrupted Pelosi and said, “It’s the Constitution…”

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1744026963126235392

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/01/george-stephanopoulos-stunned-after-pelosi-suggests-states-can/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
"Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) on Sunday suggested the states can overrule the US Constitution and ban Trump from the presidential ballot."

Ohhhhhkay Nanzi......

So under that rationale doesn't that negate the Fed's lawsuit against Greg Abbot's intent to use state law enforcement to protect the border?

(asking for a friend)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

Why was he stunned at her statement? Something so stupid can only come from the mouth of Pelosi
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Nancy Pelosi's history as Speaker of the House was autocratic and undemocratic.

Pushing the Affordable Care Act through Budget Reconciliation by 1 vote, without debate and without ammendments, was undemocratic.

Nancy Pelosi has stated she wants the Government to take away everyone's semi-automatic rifles without legal due process, inviting repeats of Ruby Ridge.

Nancy Pelosi is a standing and continuing threat to democracy in the House of Representatives.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She is rapidly losing what little mental capacity she has left. Now she is just playing hockey with a warped puck.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.