Author Topic: Civil War 101 › American Greatness  (Read 275 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Civil War 101 › American Greatness
« on: January 08, 2024, 02:24:44 pm »
Civil War 101 › American Greatness
Daniel Oliver

Question: What was the cause of the United States Civil War?

Select one:

1. The anchovies were running strong that year

2. Donald Trump

3. Slavery

4. Climate change

5. Donald Trump

6. Intersectionality

7. None of the above or other

For extra credit, write 800 words defending your choice.

Last week, presidential contender Nikki Haley was asked the same question. Her word-salad answer got her into a peck of trouble. She said first that it was not an “easy question,” which didn’t make a lot of sense since the questioner hadn’t seemed to struggle a bit asking it. What Haley meant was that producing the right answer would not be easy. That turned out to be an understatement.

Haley’s answer was “basically how government was gonna run—the freedoms and what people could and couldn’t do.” Having to listen to sentences like that could easily persuade people to vote for another candidate.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2024/01/08/civil-war-101/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Civil War 101 › American Greatness
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2024, 02:38:07 pm »
The next  Republican that’s asked any questions about the Civil War needs to respond with this, “ the Civil War was a tragic period in Americans history that happened over 150 years ago. I am running for president for 2024 and beyond. I am looking ahead at the future, not over 100 years in the past. The issues that led up to the Civil War are different than the issues we are facing today.”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Civil War 101 › American Greatness
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 03:53:41 pm »
The next  Republican that’s asked any questions about the Civil War needs to respond with this, “ the Civil War was a tragic period in Americans history that happened over 150 years ago. I am running for president for 2024 and beyond. I am looking ahead at the future, not over 100 years in the past. The issues that led up to the Civil War are different than the issues we are facing today.”

IMHO the only problem with that @LMAO is that a great many of the problems we are facing today stem directly from what happened back then.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien