Author Topic: Jill Biden says ‘yet another campaign’ is worth it because democracy ‘on the line’  (Read 444 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Jill Biden says ‘yet another campaign’ is worth it because democracy ‘on the line’
by Sarah Fortinsky - 01/10/24 6:43 PM ET

First Lady Jill Biden said in an interview Wednesday that running for a second term in the White House is worth it for President Biden because, she said, freedom and democracy are “on the line.”

In a sit-down interview with MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski, the first lady said even enduring the partisan attacks on her family and going through the difficulties of a campaign are worth it for the sake of the country.

Brzezinski asked Biden, in a clip released ahead of the full interview release, whether “yet another one give you any pause – thinking of the personal health and well-being for both of you, the division in this country, the cruelty of MAGA Republicans against your family?”

“Does any part of you once in a while think, ‘Oh, maybe we bow out?’” Brzezinski asked.

“You know, that’s why I want to go through yet another campaign,” the first lady said, “because I think, as Joe says – democracy, our freedoms, are what’s on the line.”

“And so Americans have a choice. They can have strong, steady leadership, someone fighting for democracy, or they can choose chaos and division,” she continued.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4401567-jill-biden-says-another-campaign-worth-it-democracy-on-line/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

From the article...

And so Americans have a choice. They can have strong, steady leadership, someone fighting for democracy, or they can choose chaos and division,” she continued.

We're going to get chaos and division regardless who is elected
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

Also, from the article...

Brzezinski asked Biden, in a clip released ahead of the full interview release, whether “yet another one give you any pause – thinking of the personal health and well-being for both of you, the division in this country, the cruelty of MAGA Republicans against your family?”

No bias there ////00000////
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

A great drinking game from now until Nov is one shot for every time you hear the word "Democracy"

Barry Goldwater

Offline andy58-in-nh

A great drinking game from now until Nov is one shot for every time you hear the word "Democracy"

My liver will not survive such a challenge.

But my mind might not survive either, unless Republicans stop hating each other more than the authoritarianism that Democrats now obviously support.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn