Author Topic: Total number of Texas counties that have declared invasion reaches 50  (Read 312 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Total number of Texas counties that have declared invasion reaches 50
All 50 county resolutions cite the invasion clauses of the U.S. Constitution, Articles IV, Section 4, which require the federal government to protect states from an invasion.

By Bethany Blankley | The Center Square contributor
Published: January 6, 2024 11:04pm

Three years into the border crisis, 50 Texas counties have now declared an invasion.

The latest to do so are the judges and commissioners of Bandera, Schleicher and Uvalde counties. Officials in Bandera and Schleicher counties signed nearly identical resolutions in November as Crockett County’s. Crockett County declared an invasion after its county judge’s family members were killed by an alleged human smuggler. Uvalde County officials signed their invasion resolution in July, when they also joined a coalition led by Atascosa County Judge Weston Cude.

All 50 county resolutions cite the invasion clauses of the U.S. Constitution, Articles IV, Section 4, which require the federal government to protect states from an invasion. They also cite Article IV, Section 7 of the Texas Constitution, which states the governor has the legal authority to command Texas military forces and call them up to “suppress insurrection and to repel invasions.”

They also point to the work of Gov. Greg Abbott’s border security mission, Operation Lone Star, whose officers are interdicting the “smuggling of drugs, weapons, and cartel-trafficked people into Texas,” and working to “prevent, detect, and interdict transnational criminal activity between ports of entry.” The Biden administration created the border crisis, county officials argue, with an estimated 10 million people illegally entering the country since 2021. An unprecedented 1.9 million illegal entered Texas in fiscal 2023 alone, The Center Square exclusively reported.

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/three-more-texas-counties-declare-invasion-bringing-total-50
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 12:34:58 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Total number of Texas counties that have declared invasion reaches 50
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2024, 12:36:52 pm »
These counties need to get tough and deal with their problems without complaining and whining like NYC, Chicago, Denver, and D.C. do. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 01:27:57 pm »
These counties need to declare an "Emergency", "Crisis", or "Disaster" and to start requesting Disaster Releif funds from F.E.M.A.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 01:49:45 pm »
Invasion?  More like already conquered. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2024, 02:49:54 pm »
Bill Melugin
@BillMelugin_
Also notable that while Biden is asking Mexico to stop to flow of illegal crossings into the U.S., the Biden admin has repeatedly sued Texas for….trying to stop the flow of illegal crossings into TX.
9:22 AM · Jan 8, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org