Author Topic: Funny how it costs more to open a border than build a wall  (Read 153 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Funny how it costs more to open a border than build a wall
« on: January 07, 2024, 04:46:56 pm »
January 7, 2024
Funny how it costs more to open a border than build a wall
By Monica Showalter

Back in the old days, when President Trump sought a piddly couple of billion to build a border wall, Democrats bellowed that it was too costly and America couldn't afford it.

My, my, how things have changed.

These days we learn that if shutting down an open border with a wall is costly, prising open a border wider for all illegal comers is even more costly, and I'm not talking about the lifetime of taxpayer-paid "services" illegal border crossers are going to be requiring once they get in.

Right now, Joe Biden is calling for $14 billion to "protect" the border, and blaming the GOP-controlled Congress for not giving it to him.

Congress has resisted all right, and Byron York has pointed out an interesting reason for that which hasn't gotten much attention:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/01/funny_how_it_costs_more_to_open_a_border_than_build_a_wall.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson