Author Topic: How Mass Immigration Hurts Black Americans  (Read 191 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How Mass Immigration Hurts Black Americans
« on: January 07, 2024, 01:46:02 pm »
How Mass Immigration Hurts Black Americans
Opinion by Roger House
 •
9h

Immigration is among the most wrenching political questions of the 2024 election. Yet, when Congress resumes debate on border security in January, the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) has an obligation to act on behalf of its base. That’s because the Black community is disproportionately impacted by the current policy on immigration—and the unpredictable border surges of “asylum seekers.”

To date, the body of 60 members—three Senate Democrats, 55 voting House Democrats and two non-voting—has been missing in action. The skirting of duty is largely the result of being beholden to campaign money, business support, and Hispanic and progressive factions of the party. Now is the time for the dereliction to stop.

CBC members must shed their reticence and shine a spotlight on the mean correlation between the rising levels of immigration and the declining fortunes of Black workers, particularly men.

For example, the authors of “Immigration and the Economic Status of African-American Men,” a 2010 study published in the journal Economia, concluded, “We find a strong correlation between immigration, black wages, black employment rates, and black incarceration rates. As immigrants disproportionately increased the supply of workers in a particular skill group, the wage of black workers in that group fell, the employment rate declined, and the incarceration rate rose.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/how-mass-immigration-hurts-black-americans/ar-AA1mzuL5?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=91411f419c6149de875676d9f73e19a7&ei=24
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: How Mass Immigration Hurts Black Americans
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 01:48:02 pm »
Hold on there!  It hurts ALL AMERICANS!  This article is a good example of how the US has become so polarized, groups won't think beyond their own agendas.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson