Author Topic: Houthi Explosive USV Detonated in Red Sea Attack  (Read 487 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Houthi Explosive USV Detonated in Red Sea Attack
« on: January 06, 2024, 03:21:40 pm »
Houthi Explosive USV Detonated in Red Sea Attack
Posted on January 4, 2024 by Richard R. Burgess, Senior Editor

By Richard R. Burgess, Senior Editor

ARLINGTON, Va.—An uncrewed surface vessel (USV) was detonated in the international shipping lanes Jan. 4 in the latest attack launched from Yemen by Houthi rebels.

“Fortunately, there were no casualties, and no ships were hit, but the introduction of a one-way attack USV is of concern,” said U.S. Navy Vice Admiral Brad Cooper, commander, U.S. Fifth Fleet and commander, U.S. Naval Forces Central Command, and commander, Combined Maritime Forces, speaking to reporters in a June 4 teleconference.

The attack was the 25th against merchant ships in the Red Sea since mid-November. 

In response to the attacks, Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III on Dec. 18 launched Operation Prosperity Guardian, a multinational effort to protect shipping through the Red Sea and Bab-el-Mandeb Strait. The Combined Maritime Forces under Commander, Task Force 153, are conducting the operation. 

https://seapowermagazine.org/houthi-explosive-usv-detonated-in-red-sea-attack/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Houthi Explosive USV Detonated in Red Sea Attack
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2024, 11:00:26 pm »
Dropping some Thermobarics on top of the Houthis each time they pull this $hiite might just put a hitch in their giddy up, but we have Captain Dementia and his band of incompetents in charge and looks like all their going to do is 'draw a red line in the sand' ala mohamed bin obama.