Author Topic: Ladies, Please: One Stanley Cup Per Person  (Read 618 times)

Offline corbe

Ladies, Please: One Stanley Cup Per Person
« on: January 05, 2024, 03:09:03 pm »
Ladies, Please: One Stanley Cup Per Person

BY: KYLEE GRISWOLD
JANUARY 05, 2024

hand reaching for stanley cup tumbler
IMAGE CREDIT
STANLEY BRAND/YOUTUBE

Influencers created an insatiable thirst for more stuff that the Stanley cup can never quench.

Afew months ago, Mark Hemingway argued in these pages that Taylor Swift is a sign of societal decline (haters gonna hate). But a much bigger sign of decline threatens us as we enter 2024: the Stanley cup.

No, not the hockey trophy. I’m talking about that gargantuan stainless steel, insulated tumbler that yoga pants-wearing millennials the world over tote around like it’s their precious young. To be more precise, it’s less the century-old brand’s product that’s the problem and more the new insane obsession with it.

Stanley Insanity
And yes, it is insane. The crazed masses camp out in store parking lots in the freezing cold, not for necessities like food or shelter, or even annual sales on spendy appliances, but for a $45 tapered cup. One video shows a customer jumping the counter at a Target Starbucks and attempting to steal one before he’s accosted by the scorned people waiting in line. In the clip below, you can watch Stanley fanatics swarm a display of hideous red and magenta tumblers. According to the person who recorded the video, the things sold out in less than four minutes.

<..snip..>

https://thefederalist.com/2024/01/05/ladies-please-one-stanley-cup-per-person/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Ladies, Please: One Stanley Cup Per Person
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 03:20:06 pm »
Pretty on point article. Suburbanites will be the death of us all.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 03:24:16 pm »
I have a Yeti one, just a plain aqua one like everyone seems to have. It's great really keeps coffee and or tea warm.

This Pink cup reminds me of everyone wanting a Tickle Me Elmo.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2024, 04:43:02 pm »
 ////00000////

You lost me at babes in yoga pants.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2024, 02:42:43 am »
////00000////

You lost me at babes in yoga pants.

These kinds of babes?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2024, 02:45:27 am »
This whole hubbub looks manufactured.

Almost everyone I've come across who has mentioned this has done so in absolute disbelief. I feel like Red China has used TikTok to feed us another hoax.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2024, 03:43:27 am »
As said in the article,
It’s like no one knows what to want anymore [because] no one has a real personality and life is too comfortable for actual wants to arise naturally, but the want itself persists. … Consumers no longer have personal curated style, needs, or tastes, they simply look to online influencers to tell them what to satiate their never ending desire for more with.

Don't get in front of the stampede.
Stay on the edge of the herd, or a little behind (far enough for the dust to have settled).
If you really, really want one (all on your own), check the rummage sales this summer.

BTW, Stanley has excellent products, I have used their thermos type flasks since my childhood duck hunting days (when the stoppers were cork, hand-me-downs from my Grandfather), and have a 40+ year- old one (obtained as a Christmas bonus in the Oil Patch) I still carry coffee in on long trips. Good marketing on Stanley's part to tap into the Herd niche, but unless they can sustain it with other products, it's a bubble in their sales, not a trend.

The Herd, meanwhile, will move on to the next 'Tickle me Elmo'...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 03:46:51 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2024, 12:00:37 pm »
Keep your $45 Target pink pouser cup and shove up your Target crotch tucking singlet.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2024, 01:46:17 pm »
Similar is happening with Carhartt clothing.
"Influencers" started wearing the stuff in their videos and next thing you know, it's "must have casual chic"...smdh.
Good for the companies selling the stuff though.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.