Author Topic: Wind shore farm of over 100 turbines CANCELLED for New York  (Read 452 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wind shore farm of over 100 turbines CANCELLED for New York
« on: January 06, 2024, 11:31:12 am »
Wind shore farm of over 100 turbines CANCELLED for New York
Story by Stacy Liberatore For Dailymail.com  •
1d

BP and Equinor have paused the Empire Wind 2 project set for New York
The companies cited ' inflation, interest rates and supply chain disruptions'

Two companies have terminated plans to construct 147 offshore wind turbines near New York, citing 'inflation, interest rates and supply chain disruptions.'

European-based BP and Equinor paused their joint 1,260-megawatt-gigawatt Empire Wind 2 project that would have covered over 80,000 acres of the open sea - one megawatt of offshore wind can power around 500 homes.

The agreement, signed in 2022, stated the companies would sell a megawatt-hour for $107.50, but due to 'unforeseeable economic forces, BP and Equinor requested a price increase to $177.84/MWh.

The proposal was denied, leading to the firms tearing up the contract.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/wind-shore-farm-of-over-100-turbines-cancelled-for-new-york/ar-AA1mtD11?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2be535d17762415aae3bf56d5d1bd4de&ei=18
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Wind shore farm of over 100 turbines CANCELLED for New York
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2024, 10:32:25 pm »
Hopefully this will be the beginning of what will become a near-total collapse of "offshore" wind generation ... with implications for land-based generation as well.