Author Topic: BREAKING: The Supreme Court will take up the case of President Trump being removed from the ballot i  (Read 3360 times)

Online LMAO

Maybe it's just me, but when I see that kind of stuff with all the capitalized words, exclamation points, and apocalyptic language, I immediate think "nutbag alert".

Perhaps

But if it’s true, that’s a major problem for a state secretary of state to think that they have that authority to do
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 04:50:43 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

Maybe it's just me, but when I see that kind of stuff with all the capitalized words, exclamation points, and apocalyptic language, I immediate think "nutbag alert".
Could be.  :shrug:  I don't know why people don't just write correctly. It would make things a lot clearer.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online LMAO

These people need to take some pause and look at the long-term ramifications of the things that they’re attempting to do here. They’re not thinking long-term because they have myopic vision when it comes to Donald Trump. They just see Donald Trump but they don’t see anything beyond that.

Many of this can come back and haunt them. The US Supreme Court needs to weigh in on this and needs to weigh on it quickly.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

Could be.  :shrug:  I don't know why people don't just write correctly. It would make things a lot clearer.

It also would help with making their claims to be taken more seriously
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 04:33:08 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online mountaineer

Yeah. I honestly don't know whether there's any truth to that tweeter's allegations about the Colorado SoS. Seems to me, if you're going to say something like that, you should have some facts to back it up.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

I do too. But this is the established protocol for inciting mass hysteria on social media, and it is very effective. It causes people to react to information emotionally rather than rationally, and is one of the chief tools in the Trump playbook.

Online LMAO

Yeah. I honestly don't know whether there's any truth to that tweeter's allegations about the Colorado SoS. Seems to me, if you're going to say something like that, you should have some facts to back it up.

Agree

Of course, how many things that we laughed at as being conspiracy theories over the years that turned out to be true?

Will eventually find out the truth on this

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

I tried finding something that backs up the charge made regarding the Colorado Secretary of State and find nothing

I’m calling BS

Barry Goldwater

Online mountaineer

I tried finding something that backs up the charge made regarding the Colorado Secretary of State and find nothing

I’m calling BS
All I could find was that she said a few weeks ago that write-in votes for Trump wouldn't be counted, but that was when he was off the regular primary ballot - and Trump will be on the Colorado primary ballot now.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
This from an X account:

Griswold said she would not count the votes cast for Trump if he is ruled off the ballot after ballots are sent out and votes are cast for him.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This from an X account:

That's a lot different.  The way I read that, she's saying she won't count the ballots if Trump loses at the Supreme Court.   That actually makes sense, although she's obviously wrong as hell for the conclusion she reached in the first place.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Agree

Of course, how many things that we laughed at as being conspiracy theories over the years that turned out to be true?

Will eventually find out the truth on this

The truth will always come out, once it's too late to do anything about it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online LMAO

The truth will always come out, once it's too late to do anything about it.

Just like all the Covid conspiracies from 2020 became reality by 2022. But by then, the damage was done.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Nancy Pelosi on if she thinks Donald Trump is ineligible to be on the ballot:

“They have different laws from state-to-state.”

ABC: “It's the Constitution...”

PELOSI: “That's not the point.”. (Video)

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1744028736826003758

Online mountaineer

The U.S. Constitution has never been "the point" for this drunken old witch.

Online roamer_1

This is a yawner. The only way this turns into anything else is if SCOTUS sides with the liberals, which they won't.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Quotes from Trump's brief worth noting:

"Four years after the Fourteenth
Amendment’s ratification, Congress exercised
its power under Section 3 and passed the
Amnesty Act of 1872 with the required twothirds vote in each House. The Act provided
[t]hat all political disabilities imposed by the
third section of the fourteenth article of
amendments of the Constitution of the United
States are hereby removed from all persons
whomsoever, except Senators and
Representatives of the thirty-sixth and thirtyseventh Congresses, officers in the judicial,
military, and naval services of the United
States, heads of departments, and foreign
ministers of the United States."

Trump's first argument is that the amnesty act nullifies section 3, the Colorado authorities will argue that the amnesty act was only retroactive, and did not apply to FUTURE transgressors.

"In 1888, this Court held in U.S. v. Mouat, 124 U.S.
303, 307 (1888), that an “officer of the United States”
is only those individuals who are appointed to
positions within the federal government under Article
II of the Constitution. This definition does not extend
to those who are elected.
This Court emphasized that view again more
recently in Free Enterprise Fund v. Public Company
Accounting Oversight Board, 561 U.S. 477, 497-498
(2010), when Chief Justice John Roberts wrote that
“the people do not vote for ‘Officers of the United
States.’” Under this precedent, a cabinet official like
Attorney General Merrick Garland is an “officer of the
United States” since he was appointed by a president
and confirmed by the Senate. However, as the elected
heads of the Executive Branch, neither President
Joseph Biden nor former President Trump is a
current or former “officer of the United States.” "

Trump's second argument is that he is not an "officer of the United States" under the accepted definition of that term.

"finding an insurrection or rebellion
contradicts the decisions of the Senate. On January
11, 2021, the U.S. House of Representatives
introduced articles of impeachment against President
Trump that included the charge of “incitement of
insurrection.” Art. I, H. Res. 24, 117th Cong., 1st
Session. The Senate, which has the sole power to
remove a president under Section 3 of Art. I of the
Constitution, acquitted President Trump of that
charge on February 13, 2021."

Trump's third argument is that he has been acquitted of the charge of insurrection by the senate, and therefore cannot be penalized for engaging in one.

Pretty interesting stuff. The second argument alone seems pretty cut and dry. Section 3 does not apply to Trump. I predict the court will go 7-2 in Trump's favor, with the concurring liberal writing a scathing opinion on Trump's actions, but holding with the majority.

@massadvj

I agree,but it doesn't matter. It will accomplish what the left wants to be accomplished,namely convincing the voters who are politically  ignorant into voting against him because "Mah tb tole me hit were troo."

Confusing the ignorant voters is just a part of the Dim strategy. Grab some votes here with misleading press releases,grab a few more  with other  misleading press releases,and pretty soon you just MIGHT have a majority of voters that agree with the Anti-Trump/Rich man posters here and on other  political sites.

In the end,it all adds up. 
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ann Vandersteel
@annvandersteel
The Colorado Secretary of State says she won’t count the ballots that have Trump’s name on them.

Guys, this is APOCALYPTIC. We’ve reached the point where  DEMOCRATS are OPENLY ADMITTING they will CHEAT our presidential election! LIKE IT’S THE RIGHT THING TO DO!

@mountaineer

I'm glad they are finally coming  out of the closet and admitting it.

And you anti-Trumpers MIGHT want to take note that they won't  do this to Trump and NOT do  it anymore after that.

The DNC is nothing less than the American version of the Communist Party.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Obviously, Colorado needs a new Secretary of State!

@Bigun

NOT going to  happen. Colorado  is controlled by Denver,Golden,and the ski resort towns.

Yeah,there ARE hard-core conservatives in Colorado,but  most live in small towns  and they are greatly outnumbered by all the leftist refugees that moved there from Ca.

Big state with LOTS of open areas where if you don't need a job,there are lots of large areas open for sale by people wanting to have a horse ranch,mountain ski chalet,etc,etc,etc.

And it ain't going  to get any  better.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Obviously, Colorado needs a new Secretary of State!

@Bigun

He,or she,will be nothing more than  a clone of the one they have now. The wealthy left OWNS Colorado politically.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Apparently, Democrats no longer bother to pretend how tyrannical and anti-Constitution they really are, because they are confident they'll get away with it.

@mountaineer

Are they wrong?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
@massadvj

I agree,but it doesn't matter. It will accomplish what the left wants to be accomplished,namely convincing the voters who are politically  ignorant into voting against him because "Mah tb tole me hit were troo."

Confusing the ignorant voters is just a part of the Dim strategy. Grab some votes here with misleading press releases,grab a few more  with other  misleading press releases,and pretty soon you just MIGHT have a majority of voters that agree with the Anti-Trump/Rich man posters here and on other  political sites.

In the end,it all adds up.

I believe it is having the opposite effect, at least so far. The polls reflect it. The public is seeing the bullying as government getting too big for its britches, and the people might just vote for Trump to send a message to Washington as to who is actually boss in this country.

Online LMAO

I believe it is having the opposite effect, at least so far. The polls reflect it. The public is seeing the bullying as government getting too big for its britches, and the people might just vote for Trump to send a message to Washington as to who is actually boss in this country.

That may partially explain Biden already doing his "Threat to Democracy" speech this early in the campaign

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@massadvj

I hope you are right.