Author Topic: House Democrats accuse Trump of raking in $7.8 million in foreign payments while president  (Read 572 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Democrats accuse Trump of raking in $7.8 million in foreign payments while president
Oversight Committee Democrats released a 156-page report
By Elizabeth Elkind
Published January 4, 2024 3:32pm EST

House Democrats are accusing former President Donald Trump of taking in more than $7.8 million from foreign governments via payments to the Trump Organization while he was in the White House.

A majority of that came from the Chinese government and state-owned entities, Democrats said, while the rest came from 19 other countries, including Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Qatar.

Minority staff on the House Oversight Committee released a 156-page report on Thursday detailing claims that the former president repeatedly violated the emoluments clause of the Constitution, which states that federal officials may not accept gifts or cash from foreign state actors without Congressional approval.

"After promising ‘the greatest infomercial in political history,’ former President Donald Trump repeatedly and willfully violated the U.S. Constitution by failing to divest from his business empire and allowing his businesses to accept millions of dollars in payments from some of the most corrupt nations on earth," the top Democrat on the committee Rep. Jamie Raskin, D-Md., said.

"The limited records that the Committee obtained show that while Donald Trump was in office, he received more than $5.5 million from the Chinese government and Chinese state-owned enterprises, as well as millions more from 19 other foreign governments, including Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates and Malaysia through just four of the more than 500 entities he owned."

Along with the report, Oversight Democrats also produced more than 400 pages, some redacted, of documents from Mazars USA LLC — Trump’s former accounting firm.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-house-democrats-million-foreign-payments-while-president
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

House Democrats accuse Trump of raking in $7.8 million in foreign payments while president

This can only mean that Joe Biden has raked in $7.8 million in foreign payments since becoming President.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

lol…

How rich coming from the Democrats
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline corbe

He would have made double that had his Son's not been so incredibly stupid.  Trump is the only President in the Modern Era to lose $$$$ during his Presidency besides Truman, of course. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

$7.8 million?  That's still less than what the Biden Crime Family received from foreign governments.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline LMAO

Why would Democrats make this an issue? Is it an attempted to deflect from Hunter and Joe’s business dealings?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

$7.8 million?  That's still less than what the Biden Crime Family received from foreign governments.

Maybe that's the Democrat's beef

Trump is novice compared to Biden and others

Barry Goldwater