Author Topic: Righteous Risks Part 3: The Electric Vehicle Halo  (Read 141 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Righteous Risks Part 3: The Electric Vehicle Halo
« on: January 05, 2024, 12:38:40 pm »
Righteous Risks Part 3: The Electric Vehicle Halo
18 hours ago Guest Blogger 66 Comments
From the Risk Monger

David Zaruk

Just imagine if, in the coming months, the following studies would be published in peer-reviewed journals:

That battery technologies used in electric vehicles (EVs) have a much higher likelihood to spontaneously combust (and it is highly recommended that EVs be banned from underground or covered parking lots and container ships).

EV lithium batteries emit more elevated electro-magnetic fields (EMFs) that, at exposure levels exceeding 15 minutes, can lead to miscarriages or damage to human DNA which could trigger responses increasing the risk of certain cancers.

Studies in tire dust from automobile use show how they are the main cause of microplastics released into the sea (78% of all microplastics). As EVs are heavier, they emit much more tire dust.

A comparative Life Cycle Assessment showed, from cradle to cradle, that EVs are less sustainable and emit more CO2 than diesel cars.

An impact assessment revealed that present EV batteries cannot be sustainably recycled without a waste management energy and water demand far higher than that needed for recycling entire diesel vehicles.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/01/04/righteous-risks-part-3-the-electric-vehicle-halo/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson