Author Topic: No Republican Can Singlehandedly Rescue This Nation  (Read 1073 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
No Republican Can Singlehandedly Rescue This Nation
« on: January 03, 2024, 03:18:34 pm »
January 3, 2024
By Steve McCann

The Democrat and Republican parties have dominated the political landscape of the United States since 1856.  In 2024, they are mere shells, in the process of being commandeered by two distinct and warring tribes.  It is at present a one-sided conflict that will inevitably lead to the transformation of the United States.

Increasingly occupying the decaying remains of the Republican party is the tribe that openly supports the founding tenets of this nation, but contains a significant majority of members who, when they have the option of choosing reliably conservative candidates for state and federal offices that reflect this outlook, would rather assume the role of non-participant disparagers.

The vast bulk of the membership of this tribe prefer to seek out one individual to whom they will proffer unconditional and undying allegiance in the belief that he will single-handedly rescue the nation and slay the dragon that is the current Democrat party.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/01/no_republican_can_singlehandedly_rescue_this_nation.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

Re: No Republican Can Singlehandedly Rescue This Nation
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2024, 09:11:25 pm »
Bullcrap.

When only 23% of your voters turn out, it ain't them... It's YOU.
The customer is always right.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2024, 09:42:35 pm »

No, but a Conservative could.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2024, 09:54:38 pm »
The Republican Party will rise from the local and state parties, not the RNC.

The RNC is owned hook, line, and sinker by a small number of billionaires who have no plan to help everyday Americans.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online berdie

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2024, 10:59:45 pm »
No, but a Conservative could.

It would take a whole Congress of conservatives.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2024, 11:14:32 pm »

It would take a whole Congress of conservatives.

or at least a clear majority thereof... That's right.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2024, 12:07:29 am »
No, just a President who refuses to spend money coming from the Fed.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2024, 03:43:11 am »
The Republican Party will rise from the local and state parties, not the RNC.

The RNC is owned hook, line, and sinker by a small number of billionaires who have no plan to help everyday Americans.
Right. But that change will have to come from the bottom up. That's where the district level is so important.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2024, 04:19:13 am »
Bullcrap.

When only 23% of your voters turn out, it ain't them... It's YOU.
The customer is always right.
I think he makes a valid point.  We apparently have a majority or near-majority of nominal GOP voters who have put the entirety of their faith in Trump, to the point where they disparage and ostracize good conservatives simply because they refuse to kiss the ring.

And a Trump who alienates so many other Republicans ultimately is not going to be able to accomplish much.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2024, 03:37:18 pm »
Spot on!

Although I’m a bit confused about his early decription of our tribe.  He seems to be saying we want to vote against a guy from our side (allegedly).

I will vote R no matter what.

I just don’t like and think Trump is deadweight.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2024, 04:35:43 pm »
Spot on!

Although I’m a bit confused about his early decription of our tribe.  He seems to be saying we want to vote against a guy from our side (allegedly).

I will vote R no matter what.

I just don’t like and think Trump is deadweight.

I will not.

Give me something to vote *for*, or my endorsement will remain unspent.
I am sick to death of voting against Democrats when Republicans have become the same dang thing.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2024, 06:25:47 pm »
I will not.

Give me something to vote *for*, or my endorsement will remain unspent.
I am sick to death of voting against Democrats when Republicans have become the same dang thing.

Well, DeSantis is sitting right there if that's who you want to vote for.  That's who I'm voting for.

But Trump and his supporters have been throwing mud against DeSantis for more than a year, despite the fact that he's a conservative, simply because he didn't kiss Trump's ring. I believe that is the specific situation to which this author is referring.

I also believe that if Trump does get elected, he will keep attacking any conservative Republican who doesn't 100% back everything he wants.  That will lead his supporters to turn on those same conservatives simply because they don't reflexively defend and support everything Trump says.

I truly believe that Trump himself is the biggest threat to conservatism today. I'll never vote for a Democrat for president, but I sure as hell won't vote for the guy who will destroy conservatism.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2024, 10:44:02 pm »
Pretty much agree with what the Major said above.

No Republican Can Singlehandedly Rescue This Nation.  And for all the Trumpy fans out there, that particularly includes Trump!

Trump did NOT keep his promises.  He promised DAY ONE to end the H1-b Visa Program.  I agreed with this thinking 100%. What did traitor Trump do?  Months into his presidency, he met with the tech billionaire oligarchs, emerged from that meeting and INCREASED the H1-b Visa recipients.  Those same billionaires spent a huge amount to see to it that Trump lost in 2020.   Sad but true.

Trump's biggest promise of 2016 was to build the wall.  Did he?  No!  He did about 20%, with hundreds of miles left open, and because of that total failure by Trump, we have the nonsense today with Biden.

Trump will destroy the conservative people of America because he is utterly clueless on how to build coalitions to accomplish anything.  It is via Executive Order with him, or it is nothing.  And as we have seen, those can be undone in one day by a clown like Biden.  Biden literally eliminated every means Trump put in place to control the border.

The American people are sick to death of this total disregard of their wants and desires.  That is why Trump gained quick prominence in 2016.  For the first time, a politician verbalized what needed to be done.  But the fact remains, Trump was clueless on how to accomplish lasting change.

I also support DeSantis, but the fact remains, he has made huge mistakes with his campaign.  He had the opportunity to make Trump accountable for his endless lies about promises kept, and he has been relatively silent.

Trump brought us Biden, plain and simple. 

And no matter how you spin it, the Biden organization cheated on a huge scale in 2020.   Anyone believing that will not happen in 2024 on an even larger scale is either naive or outright stupid.

I expect four more years of the perfect stooge.

Anyone that is a systems person knows just how easy it is to change those ones and zeroes!

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2024, 10:45:44 pm »
Well, DeSantis is sitting right there if that's who you want to vote for.  That's who I'm voting for.

But Trump and his supporters have been throwing mud against DeSantis for more than a year, despite the fact that he's a conservative, simply because he didn't kiss Trump's ring. I believe that is the specific situation to which this author is referring.

I also believe that if Trump does get elected, he will keep attacking any conservative Republican who doesn't 100% back everything he wants.  That will lead his supporters to turn on those same conservatives simply because they don't reflexively defend and support everything Trump says.

I truly believe that Trump himself is the biggest threat to conservatism today. I'll never vote for a Democrat for president, but I sure as hell won't vote for the guy who will destroy conservatism.

Amen!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2024, 11:32:21 pm »

Well of course - If I get to vote at all in the primary, and DeSantis is on the ticket, I will absolutely vote for him. That's a no-brainer. I will always vote for a Conservative.

It's when they expect me to vote for otherwise that rubs me raw. I ain't  gonna do it anymore, at any price. RINOs get in there because y'all are voting for em. Not me. Never again.

As far as Tumpy being Conservatives' worst enemy... He is surely right up at the top, claiming conservatism, changing conservatism, whether in ignorance or not... And Conservatives wind up the bag-holder when he's done.
Not a fan.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2024, 04:40:35 am »
Well of course - If I get to vote at all in the primary, and DeSantis is on the ticket, I will absolutely vote for him. That's a no-brainer. I will always vote for a Conservative.

It's when they expect me to vote for otherwise that rubs me raw. I ain't  gonna do it anymore, at any price. RINOs get in there because y'all are voting for em. Not me. Never again.

As far as Tumpy being Conservatives' worst enemy... He is surely right up at the top, claiming conservatism, changing conservatism, whether in ignorance or not... And Conservatives wind up the bag-holder when he's done.
Not a fan.

We can vote for whomever we wish regardless of who is on the ballot.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2024, 05:02:43 am »
We can vote for whomever we wish regardless of who is on the ballot.

Not here. We are so late in the process that there won't be more than two or three left in the primary... And writing in a spurious candidate may as well be Bugs Bunny unless he's on the ballot or an official, registered write-in.  :shrug:

So not much for choice by the time I can.