Author Topic: Marine Corps Will Give 1st Lieutenants Shot at Promotion to Captain Without Selection Board  (Read 200 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marine Corps Will Give 1st Lieutenants Shot at Promotion to Captain Without Selection Board

Military.com | By Drew F. Lawrence
Published January 02, 2024 at 4:56pm ET

Some junior officers in the Marine Corps will soon have an easier time promoting to the next rank, according to a recent service message.

Beginning in October, first lieutenants, who previously required selection boards to review their files to promote to captain, will instead undergo a paperwork screening process to ensure that they are "fully qualified" to attain the next rank.

The change was announced in a Marine Corps message that stated "for promotion to the grade of captain, a promotion selection board will not be convened." Instead, lieutenants will go through a process called the All-Fully-Qualified-Officers List, or AFQOL, which requires only a screening of official military records.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2024/01/02/marine-corps-will-give-1st-lieutenants-shot-promotion-captain-without-selection-board.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I'm going to guess it will give priority to officers "of color" so Gen. Davis can fulfill his dream of having all white officers junior to officers of color. ****slapping
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson