Author Topic: Asylum seekers forced to walk last 200 miles of journey to U.S.  (Read 292 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Asylum seekers forced to walk last 200 miles of journey to U.S.
« on: January 03, 2024, 09:49:48 am »
Asylum seekers forced to walk last 200 miles of journey to U.S.
Story by Julian Resendiz  •
16h

CHIHUAHUA, Mexico (Border Report) – Dariany Blanco’s Christmas gift was being forced off a Mexican cargo train and given a choice of going back to her country or cover the last 200 miles of her journey to the United States on foot.

On Thursday, the displaced Venezuelan store owner and her brood took a respite sitting along the tracks near the town of Samalayuca, Chihuahua. A Mexican immigration checkpoint could be seen in the distance. The Blancos and about 20 traveling companions wanted to make sure they had the energy to run past the guards, if necessary.

“We have spent two months crossing Mexico. The cold is unbearable, and we are hungry,” Blanco told Border Report during an interview atop the tracks. “They stopped the train (Dec. 24). The engine drove off and they left us there in the desert. They didn’t care.”

Hundreds of migrants were arriving atop cargo trains to Juarez almost daily. That drove up Border Patrol apprehension numbers and was beginning to make El Paso, Texas, yet another hotspot along a U.S.-Mexico border in crisis.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/asylum-seekers-forced-to-walk-last-200-miles-of-journey-to-u-s/ar-AA1mmDTA?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=fd321b108d314fc9ac73b22f4818f9d2&ei=29
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Asylum seekers forced to walk last 200 miles of journey to U.S.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2024, 09:52:37 am »

“We have spent two months crossing Mexico. The cold is unbearable, and we are hungry,” Blanco told Border Report during an interview atop the tracks. “They stopped the train (Dec. 24). The engine drove off and they left us there in the desert. They didn’t care.”

8888crybaby  Did they expect to have limos drive them through Mejico? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Asylum seekers forced to walk last 200 miles of journey to U.S.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2024, 02:17:15 am »
Oh, geez. They'll ruin their Birkenstocks that way!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis