Author Topic: Texas has arrested thousands at the US-Mexico border as state expands powers to arrest migrants  (Read 202 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas has arrested thousands at the US-Mexico border as state expands powers to arrest migrants
Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador said on Friday that his government was aware of a new migrant caravan
By Lawrence Richard Fox News
Published December 28, 2023 6:18am EST

Biden's border crisis: CBP reports record number of migrant encounters this year
'Special Report' All-Star panelists discuss the growing border surge at the U.S.-Mexico border.

Texas authorities have arrested nearly 10,000 migrants who illegally crossed the U.S.-Mexico border under a new "arrest and jail" operation aimed at deterring illegal immigration.

Following the successful arrests, Texas passed a new law that will bolster the smaller-scale operation to expand the authority to make arrests, as well as give local judges the authority to order the migrants out of the country. The changes go into effect in March.

The new law comes after Texas first launched the smaller-scale operation to arrest migrants on misdemeanor trespassing charges in July 2021 as Texas-Mexico border crossings reached 1.2 million that fiscal year.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-arrested-thousands-us-mexico-border-state-expands-powers-arrest-migrants
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson