Author Topic: Appeals court delivers fatal blow to California city pushing natural gas ban  (Read 176 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Appeals court delivers fatal blow to California city pushing natural gas ban
Story by Thomas Catenacci  •
11h

Democrats had a busy year declaring war on appliances: Kennedy

A federal appeals court rejected a petition Tuesday to rehear a case related to a natural gas ban proposed by the City of Berkeley, California, which the panel ruled was illegal last year.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit ultimately denied Berkeley's petition for rehearing en banc — a motion that received support from the Biden administration, Democratic-led states and environmentalists — after it failed to receive majority support from the court's non-recused active judges. Berkeley filed the motion last year after the court in April that a Berkeley law banning natural gas pipes in new construction violated federal statute.

"Naturally, AHRI and particularly our member companies that manufacture products and equipment that use natural gas, are very pleased that the full court denied Berkeley’s appeal, thereby allowing the residents of Berkeley, and likely elsewhere, to continue to have choices with respect to energy sources for home and water heating," AHRI President and CEO Stephen Yurek said in a statement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/appeals-court-delivers-fatal-blow-to-california-city-pushing-natural-gas-ban/ar-AA1mnpBC?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=fd321b108d314fc9ac73b22f4818f9d2&ei=94
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Could this serve as precedent for other cities -- and entire states -- banning natural gas usage or new gas installations (thinking of New York City, New York State) ??