General Category > Books and Authors

Reese Witherspoon's First Book Club Pick of the Year Is a 'Fast-Paced' Thriller She Couldn't Put Dow

(1/2) > >>

libertybele:
This is a possibility. I've been looking for a good book to read. My favorite is historic fiction, but I haven't read anything worthwhile in that genre.  So, I've resorted to my old standby novels by Danielle Steel; the last one I read, "Happiness" was absolutely terrible.

Reese Witherspoon's First Book Club Pick of the Year Is a 'Fast-Paced' Thriller She Couldn't Put Down

As the new year begins, we’re all looking forward to what lies ahead. And though not everyone makes (or follows through) with their New Year’s resolutions, Reese Witherspoon has anyone who listed “Read More Books” totally covered. On Jan. 2, the actress announced her first book club pick of the year: First Lie Wins by Ashley Elston.

“Happy New Year everybody!” Witherspoon said in her announcement on Instagram. “I have the greatest book to share with you. It is our 91st Reese’s Book Club Pick, can you believe it?”

“This book tells the story of Evie Porter, who seems to have everything a girl could want in life,” she continued. “She has a perfect, doting boyfriend, she has a house with a picket fence and a fancy group of friends.”

But, despite appearances, Evie is living a “total double life.” “She uses an alias and her job is to infiltrate people’s lives and execute takedowns whenever her boss, the mysterious Mr. Smith, says to,” Witherspoon explained. “She has to stay one step ahead of her past to make sure she will have a future in front of her.”.............

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/reese-witherspoons-first-book-club-212143385.html

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: libertybele on January 02, 2024, 09:55:13 pm ---

But, despite appearances, Evie is living a “total double life.” “She uses an alias and her job is to infiltrate people’s lives and execute takedowns whenever her boss, the mysterious Mr. Smith, says to,” Witherspoon explained. “She has to stay one step ahead of her past to make sure she will have a future in front of her.”.............

--- End quote ---

That could be any demoocratic party operative, on any given day.

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on January 02, 2024, 10:00:59 pm ---That could be any demoocratic party operative, on any given day.

--- End quote ---

And RINOs.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on January 02, 2024, 10:07:24 pm ---And RINOs.

--- End quote ---

:laugh:

Free Vulcan:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on January 02, 2024, 10:00:59 pm ---That could be any demoocratic party operative, on any given day.

--- End quote ---

I was gonna say, why pay to read about lying duplicity when I can just read the news every day?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version