Author Topic: Trump Plans Aggressive Expansion of Electoral Map, Says He’ll Make ‘Heavy Play’ for New York, New Je  (Read 836 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Exclusive — Trump Plans Aggressive Expansion of Electoral Map, Says He’ll Make ‘Heavy Play’ for New York, New Jersey, Virginia, New Mexico, Minnesota

Matthew Boyle and Alexander Marlow 2 Jan 2024 Palm Beach, FL

PALM BEACH, Florida — Former President Donald Trump told Breitbart News exclusively that assuming he wins the GOP nomination for president again he will work to expand the universe of battleground states and aggressively compete against whoever Democrats nominate in states like New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Minnesota, and New Mexico.

Trump said he thinks he can compete in a number of states that Republicans have not won in many years in presidential elections. He said he plans to do rallies in these states, and work to try to win them—but maybe not as hard as the traditional battleground states like Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, Nevada, Arizona, and Georgia. Trump even threw out a possible idea of renting out the iconic Madison Square Garden to hold a rally in the heart of Manhattan in New York City.

“One of the other things I’m going to do — and I may be foolish in doing it — is I’m going to make a heavy play for New York, heavy play for New Jersey, heavy play for Virginia, heavy play for New Mexico, and a heavy play for a state that hasn’t been won in years, Minnesota,” Trump said in the more than two-hour-long interview at his luxurious seaside Mar-a-Lago resort here.

Asked what he means by make a “heavy play” for states like New York, New Jersey, Minnesota, Virginia, and New Mexico, Trump said he plans to do rallies and speeches in those states as he campaigns for the presidency in the general election.

“I’m going to do rallies, I’m going to do speeches, I’m going to work them,” Trump said. “That doesn’t mean I’m going to work them as hard as I work Pennsylvania, where I’m doing very well.”

Trump mocked Biden as “Mr. Scranton,” a reference to how the current president regularly references his childhood in the working-class Pennsylvania city, calling Biden “such a fake” and saying “there’s just no way” that Biden will beat him in the Keystone State this year.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/01/02/exclusive-trump-plans-aggressive-expansion-electoral-map-says-hell-make-heavy-play-new-york-new-jersey-virginia-new-mexico-minnesota/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Any sanctuary state that is being deluged with illegal immigrants should certainly be on that list ... Illinois for example ... Failed liberal city Governments, like Chicago's, are the gifts that keep on giving to the GOP.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Any sanctuary state that is being deluged with illegal immigrants should certainly be on that list ... Illinois for example ... Failed liberal city Governments, like Chicago's, are the gifts that keep on giving to the GOP.

This maybe a good opportunity to make Il red again which most of it is already...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
No offense to the Trump strategy, but he really needs to focus on the swing states.  AND...  only venture outward after up 10 or more points in all of them.

This is is the kind of greedy nonsense what killed Hitlerly in '16.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

No offense to the Trump strategy, but he really needs to focus on the swing states.  AND...  only venture outward after up 10 or more points in all of them.

Greed or does he see an opportunity to win over states that are so shattered that he see a true opportunity to turn them red?

Perhaps he's looking to win by a landslide but unless the RNC and Ronna get their butts in gear to ensure a fair election, I think he's going to have a hard time.

OTH, if you look back, in the '16 election he saw an opportunity and promised what the people wanted; a wall/border security and to take their country back. That's what won him the election.  There is a void in NY and the other states he mentioned that needs to be filled with some sort of hope of turning this country around.  He may do it again, but ... he needs to also remember that the last election was stolen -- that's the huge hurdle that he's looking at.

He has character flaws, J6, the leftists/marxists corruption and his age against him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline cato potatoe

Minnesota would only come into play if the Biden campaign collapsed.  There is no way in hell Virginia, New Mexico, New York, or New Jersey will ever send Trump electors to DC, fraudulent or otherwise.

Offline LMAO

Minnesota would only come into play if the Biden campaign collapsed.  There is no way in hell Virginia, New Mexico, New York, or New Jersey will ever send Trump electors to DC, fraudulent or otherwise.

Not happening in Minnesota just because of the Twin Cities alone

I don’t see Illinois, absolutely not New York including the other states you listed

If Trump gets the nomination, he’ll carry his 2020 states again and that’s it

Side note: How do we know when an election is fair and not stolen ? It seems both sides have their own definition of that
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 07:15:39 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

Never say never.  There were a few surprises in the '16 election. That's why there was an outcry to change from the electoral vote to the popular vote. So -- did Clinton legitimately win the popular vote?? I believe Trump was just as surprised that he won as Hillary was surprised that she lost.  If anything Trump clearly now understands the electoral college/delegate voting. Here's the '16 electoral map:

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/2016/results/president

« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 07:21:13 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Chicago has had failed liberal city governments for quite a while

And the people of that  city continue to vote for more failure
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

Never say never.  There were a few surprises in the '16 election. That's why there was a cry to change from the electoral vote to the popular vote. So -- did Clinton legitimately win the popular vote?? Here's the electoral map:

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/2016/results/president

There were surprises in those states in 2016 because a lot of Democrat voters, for whatever reason, stayed home

Even with that, Trump did not take the popular vote, he got less than 50% of the total vote, and it was only through the electoral college he was able to win.

None of that was repeated from that point on

The Republican parties gonna have to come to terms with the fact that, outside of his loyal base, Trump is a vote repellent for the GOP
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 07:23:52 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

There were surprises in those states in 2016 because a lot of Democrat voters, for whatever reason, stayed home

Even with that, Trump did not take the popular vote, he got less than 50% of the total vote, and it was only through the electoral college he was able to win.

None of that was repeated from that point on

The Republican parties gonna have to accept the idea that, outside of his loyal base, Trump is a vote repellent for the GOP

Only through the electoral college @LMAO ?? That's how it's supposed to be.  I also don't believe that a lot of DEMS stayed home, otherwise Hillary wouldn't have won the popular vote.

I'm not exactly a Trump supporter, but I don't believe that he is a vote repellent for the GOP at this point.

IMHO the wild card is going to be who the DEMS run once the force Biden/Harris to step down.  They will wait till the last minute to do so.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The thing is unless you can get at least a 15 point lead in the swings and blue states, the fraud will fix everything for the Rats.

I don't know how he'll overcome that.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

Only through the electoral college @LMAO ?? That's how it's supposed to be.  I also don't believe that a lot of DEMS stayed home, otherwise Hillary wouldn't have won the popular vote.

I'm not exactly a Trump supporter, but I don't believe that he is a vote repellent for the GOP at this point.

IMHO the wild card is going to be who the DEMS run once the force Biden/Harris to step down.  They will wait till the last minute to do so.

That’s what I said

If it wasn’t for the electoral college, Donald Trump would’ve never been president

And Trump is an effective get out the vote drive for the left and the Democrats. We’ve seen that in 2018, 2020, 2022 and 2023. Look at the number of offices that the Republicans held in early 2016 and compare that to today.

Does anybody believe 2024 will be different?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 07:27:55 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline cato potatoe

Never say never.  There were a few surprises in the '16 election. That's why there was an outcry to change from the electoral vote to the popular vote. So -- did Clinton legitimately win the popular vote?? I believe Trump was just as surprised that he won as Hillary was surprised that she lost.  If anything Trump clearly now understands the electoral college/delegate voting. Here's the '16 electoral map:

Trump promised to carry New York in 2016.  Well, that didn't happen, and as party figurehead, he pretty much destroyed the GOP north of the Mason-Dixon line.

Online libertybele

Trump promised to carry New York in 2016.  Well, that didn't happen, and over the course of his term, he pretty much destroyed the GOP north of the Mason-Dixon line.

He's not the nominee yet, we shall see what unravels.  What I am confident in, is that the RNC, Ronna and the GOPe want Haley. The game is just beginning.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
He's not the nominee yet, we shall see what unravels.  What I am confident in, is that the RNC, Ronna and the GOPe want Haley. The game is just beginning.

I wish I could share your optimism, but we are just a few weeks from primary season, and I see no path of victory for RDS, Haley, or anyone else.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I wish I could share your optimism, but we are just a few weeks from primary season, and I see no path of victory for RDS, Haley, or anyone else.

Lawfare has led a bunch of people to rally around Trump.  His challengers would have had a better shot if the Democrats had just left him alone.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Lawfare has led a bunch of people to rally around Trump.  His challengers would have had a better shot if the Democrats had just left him alone.

:yowsa: Quite true! The more those people don't want him the more I do!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

What is also freaking out the lefty dims now  is that the level of enthusiam for Pedo Joe is historically low.  In these close elections (when and where fraud can be compensated for like in '20) GOTV, and party turnout are of utmost criticality.

That is why by the day, the probabilty of Joe getting the nomination out of Chicago becomes increasingly small.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Hiillary's mistake in 2016 was ignoring the podunk deplorable swings states in the Rust Belt / Great Lakes.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Trump won't win in the blue states, regardless of what efforts he makes.
Nor will the DCommunist candidate win in the red states.

The election will be decided in 5-7 battleground states:
- Michigan
- Wisconsin
- Pennsylvania
- Georgia
- Arizona
- North Carolina
- Nevada
- Also, that one Congressional District up in Maine that has gone for Mr. Trump 2x already.

They're going to be "the only ones that count".

And, right now, The Party has a good grip on the controls of the "underground election apparatus" in most of them.

It's gonna be an uphill climb for Mr. Trump, regardless of the ineptitudes of ol' white joe (who in all likelihood won't be running) and the treachery of The Party.

But rest assured that any other Republican candidate other than Mr. Trump would face a HARDER climb.

Nikki Haley ???
Really, Briefers -- are you serious...?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

The (likely fatal) flaw in this strategy, is that those Leftist hellholes are inhabited by those who are either ok with it or who just can't afford to move out. They have been bleeding 'red' for three years (and longer), and are the home of Biden's 35% approval.

Concentrate on the stolen swing states from last time. Make the steal have to be glaringly obvious (ridiculously so, even worse than last time) in order for those states to be 'blue'.

New Mexico remains a solid maybe, because it has reached the position of second largest oil producer (impacting the economy there) and is being invaded by illegals, too.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 11:51:42 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

And it's possible the Democrats are doing this BECAUSE they know his supporters will rally around him and make him the nominee were he's the easiest to beat in the general election

Barry Goldwater