Author Topic: Harvard President Claudine Gay faces six new plagiarism charges[resigns]  (Read 2522 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Harvard President Claudine Gay faces six new plagiarism charges[resigns]
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2024, 06:41:38 pm »
MSNBC’s Reid: Claudine Gay a Casualty of Right’s ‘Open War on Black Progress’

MSNBC anchor Joy Reid said Tuesday on “The ReidOut” that Harvard University ex-president Claudine Gay was a casualty of the right’s “open war on black progress.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/01/03/msnbcs-reid-claudine-gay-a-casualty-of-rights-open-war-on-black-progress/

Another fine example of why nearly no one watches MSNBC!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2024, 06:54:22 pm »
How is that supposed to work?
I plagiarized someone's work, but you can't hold it against me because I created a document that says so?
Is that like little kids who think you can't see them because their eyes are closed?
Great analogy!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2024, 06:55:22 pm »

MSNBC anchor Joy Reid said Tuesday on “The ReidOut” that Harvard University ex-president Claudine Gay was a casualty of the right’s “open war on black progress.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/01/03/msnbcs-reid-claudine-gay-a-casualty-of-rights-open-war-on-black-progress/
It's called "stealing", not "progress"--and it doesn't matter who does it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2024, 07:07:42 pm »

Funnily enough, it seems to me that all this full-throated defense of Claudine Gay is evidence of the left's open war on personal responsibility.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2024, 07:15:27 pm »
Funnily enough, it seems to me that all this full-throated defense of Claudine Gay is evidence of the left's open war on personal responsibility.

:yowsa:  pointing-up

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2024, 07:50:03 pm »
Breitbart’s Colin Madine: Harvard Students Will Fight for the Chance to Attend Class Taught by Claudine Gay

Vinnie Penn, host of the Vinnie Penn Project, was surprised to learn from Breitbart News Tech editor Colin Madine that disgraced former Harvard president Claudine Gay would be staying on as a professor. He was even more surprised at Madine’s prediction that “students will be fighting over themselves to get into the class with her.”

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2024/01/03/breitbarts-colin-madine-harvard-students-will-fight-for-the-chance-to-attend-class-taught-by-claudine-gay/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2024, 07:52:45 pm »
“students will be fighting over themselves to get into the class with her.”
Probably because she's a very easy teacher. It's not like she's going to demand hard work and academic integrity of anyone, after all.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2024, 01:41:17 am »
If Harvard wants to argue that she was hired on merit, then they need to hire the people she plagiarized from.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2024, 05:13:15 pm »
J.D. Vance
@JDVance1
The most important point about Claudine Gay's plagiarism isn't that she was fired, but that she had the job--the most prestigious job in higher education--after an extremely thin record of accomplishment. Claudine Gay has never published an article--even a plagiarized one--that really mattered, or significantly advanced scholarship. She got her job not through merit, but because she checked a box. In this, she is not an outlier, but a representative of a system of education that rewards mediocrity.

Our entire elite is like this. People who got their jobs because they checked boxes, not because they achieved something amazing or accomplished something meaningful.  That is now the purpose of our elite universities, to give credentials that signal fake merit rather than rely on real excellence.

This is why you should mock the public health experts who want you to mask toddlers in their schools to stop the spread of a respiratory virus. These public health experts are not smart or accomplished, they have a credential from an institution that cares more about box checking than merit.

This is why you should ignore the economists who tell you that mass migration raises the wages of the working class or has no effect on housing prices, even though I've heard from multiple corporate leaders that they want more immigration in order to pay their workers lower wages. These economists are not smart or accomplished, they have a credential from an institution that cares more about box checking than merit.

This is why you should laugh at the foreign policy experts who will tell you that we should allow east Asia to make all of our steel, phones, and pharmaceuticals, while sending all of our weapons to a war in Eastern Europe that has little to do with our core national interests. These foreign policy experts are not smart or accomplished, they have a credential from an institution that cares more about box checking than merit.

This is why you should scorn the attorneys who tell you that Donald Trump committed "insurrection" and should be thrown off the ballot. They have no special legal knowledge. They are political hacks pretending to be lawyers, and they are not smart or accomplished, they have a credential from an institution that cares more about box checking than merit.

This is why you should question the doctors who tell you to prescribe experimental pharmaceuticals to gender-confused children. These doctors are not smart or accomplished, they have a credential from an institution that cares more about box checking than merit.

The real story of Harvard is not Claudine Gay's firing but this:

You are ruled by thousands of people who are just as mediocre. Their power relies on tax advantages from the federal government, a DEI bureaucracy backed by Biden's Department of Justice, and the implicit consent of millions of Americans.

I say we withdraw that consent, and all the favors that come along with it.
Last edited 10:06 AM · Jan 4, 2024
:patriot:

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2024, 05:39:17 pm »

J.D. Vance
@JDVance1
The most important point about Claudine Gay's plagiarism isn't that she was fired, but that she had the job--the most prestigious job in higher education--after an extremely thin record of accomplishment. Claudine Gay has never published an article--even a plagiarized one--that really mattered, or significantly advanced scholarship. She got her job not through merit, but because she checked a box. In this, she is not an outlier, but a representative of a system of education that rewards mediocrity.

Our entire elite is like this. People who got their jobs because they checked boxes, not because they achieved something amazing or accomplished something meaningful.  That is now the purpose of our elite universities, to give credentials that signal fake merit rather than rely on real excellence.

This is why you should mock the public health experts who want you to mask toddlers in their schools to stop the spread of a respiratory virus. These public health experts are not smart or accomplished, they have a credential from an institution that cares more about box checking than merit.

This is why you should ignore the economists who tell you that mass migration raises the wages of the working class or has no effect on housing prices, even though I've heard from multiple corporate leaders that they want more immigration in order to pay their workers lower wages. These economists are not smart or accomplished, they have a credential from an institution that cares more about box checking than merit.

This is why you should laugh at the foreign policy experts who will tell you that we should allow east Asia to make all of our steel, phones, and pharmaceuticals, while sending all of our weapons to a war in Eastern Europe that has little to do with our core national interests. These foreign policy experts are not smart or accomplished, they have a credential from an institution that cares more about box checking than merit.

This is why you should scorn the attorneys who tell you that Donald Trump committed "insurrection" and should be thrown off the ballot. They have no special legal knowledge. They are political hacks pretending to be lawyers, and they are not smart or accomplished, they have a credential from an institution that cares more about box checking than merit.

This is why you should question the doctors who tell you to prescribe experimental pharmaceuticals to gender-confused children. These doctors are not smart or accomplished, they have a credential from an institution that cares more about box checking than merit.

The real story of Harvard is not Claudine Gay's firing but this:

You are ruled by thousands of people who are just as mediocre. Their power relies on tax advantages from the federal government, a DEI bureaucracy backed by Biden's Department of Justice, and the implicit consent of millions of Americans.

I say we withdraw that consent, and all the favors that come along with it.
Last edited 10:06 AM · Jan 4, 2024
:patriot:

Excellent Tweet .... er, X.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2024, 07:08:22 pm »
J.D Vance seems to have his head screwed on very straight.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2024, 08:26:07 pm »
J.D Vance seems to have his head screwed on very straight.
He has been a pleasant surprise. Now if Ohio can get rid of his counterpart in the Senate, Sherrod Brown, there may be some hope.